Hoe Do You All Cope??

catherine70

Reaction score
Hey All,

Hope everyone is well and full of enery!!

I am just wondering how you people cope with weight gain in pregnancy, i am 21 weeks pregnant i have gained about 4lbs but it feels like more, i don't look like i am pregnant, i just look fat its starting to get me down abit, i am terrified of putting on weight.
This is my first pregnancy so i really don't know what to expect??

Cat x x

Hey, I've put on quite a bit of weight, i'm not sure how much really as i lost some through sickness in the first tri.
I'm the heaviest i've ever been in my life.

Don't worry about putting on weight, just remember that it means baby is growing big and strong and that you're creating a comfy place for it to live.
People put on various amounts during pregnancy anything from 1 stone to 5 stone! (though i think the 'average' is somewhere between 2 and 3 stone.

You will begin to look pregnant, i woke up one day with a bump where there had been none the day before! It's probably easier to cope with weight gain once you look pregnant as it's obvious to others why you've put on weight!

Don't let it get you down :hug: :hug: it's my first too and it is scary not really knowing what to expect, that's why this place is so good, full of people reassuring you that it's all going to be ok :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As has been said, try not to worry about putting weight on. Its normal. Trying to keep your weight down or to try to lose weight in pregnancy (if an average weight to begin with) is not advised as baby will be needing lots from you to grow well.

Many women gain baby weight and nothing else, others gain all over. You cannot really control how your weight will disperse, it may be on bump, it may go to a few other places.

And at some point your bump will pop out and you'll look pregnant. The thing is to not think you are fat now, when you know the reason for your weight gain.

Personally, Im not bothered about weight gain in pregnancy. 4lbs seems very littlw though, are you big anyway? If you are small usually, i think 4 lbs is a low amoutnt o have gained by 21 weeks?

hi hun i'm just over 21 weeks now and have put on 9lbs since november :oops:

i think everyones different really, and at the end of the day - we're not putting on weight for no reason, it's for our little one :D

xxx

:wave: 4 lbs doesn't seem at lot at all-your lucky chick!. I'm 22 weeks and I've put on about 1 stone. Like everyone said-it's for a reason though! Try not to worry about it it's happening to us all. :hug: :hug:

Hey Everyone,

I was 10st 7lbs before i became pregnant, it sounds really silly but my whole life i have had issues with my weight and i just keep thinking to myself i can't gain too much or i 'll find it hard to shift after the baby is born, i know this sounds silly but it really does get me down!!

Cat x x

If you eat sensibly you'll be fine :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Remember there is a difference between you putting on weight and baby putting on weight - he just happens to store his weight inside you :D Also, baby only makes up a third of the weight gain - there's all that extra blood going round your system, amniotic fluid, placenta and I can't remember what else.

But it's happening for a reason. You may not gain much at all and find its all baby weight, that is a different thing to putting weight on elsewhere. Whatever happens, so long as you are eating well and getting all your nutrients that your baby needs in there, don't worry about it. But don't starve yourself or eat poorly to keep yourself from gaining weight as that is not good for baby in there.

Some weight gain is to be expected. And that your body will change shape is also normal. Its beyond our control how big our baby bumps get. Sure some of us put weight on in other areas, but the baby bump thing I don't think can be controlled. It's not being fat. Its being pregnant :)

Please try not to get to distressed or worried about it. So long as you are keeping healthy, taking moderate exercise and so on, I am sure you'll be fine.

Hi Hon :wave:
Dont worry Im usually 9 and half stone im now 10.3 stone at 24 weeks so 4lb sounds isnt all that much.
Everyone is different and puts different amounts on throughout pregnancy. As long as you our eating healthily then you have nothing to worry about. Your baby needs the extra room to grow.
If you really feel concerned then get in touch with your midwife im sure she will relive your worries.
Im quite proud of my bump and show it off and dont mind the weight gain
You'll have a proper bump soon it will come

Lol Sarah :hug:

ive only just started showing and im nearly 24wks, everyone is different, i had a short spell when i looked plump and now i look pregnant :D

Aww dont worry chick! Ive had issues with the weight gain in pregnancy up until now ( and this changes everyweek! this week Im enjoying the wobbles) I think its finally sunk in that I HAVE to put on more weight :D A few years ago my weight ballooned. I excercised and ate a healthy diet and managed to ditch 4 stone and had a body to die for!! Although I looked fab I couldnt seem to get pregnant. After a year of TTC I decided to put on some weight. I put on a stone and voila! Managaed to concieve my little baby in 3 months.

So far I have put on 2 and half stone and Im 27 weeks. 4lb is nothing hun. Your baby will take whatever he/she needs from you and if that means leaving you with nothing then you'll feel not so good so keep eating!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: As long as you're eating a healthy range of foods you have absolutely no reason to feel awful. Yes you are bigger but its a baby not cake on those hips, thighs and bum!

When have you ever looked at a pregnant woman and thought 'My god what a fatty?' You look at a pregnant woman like 'wow she is carrying a baby!' everyone knows pregnant ladies are voluptuous, curvy and waddle. Its the beauty of being pregnant.

Have a look at all the bump pics in all the Tri's and you'll see a whole range of bodies, bump shapes/sizes, skin colours/tones, stretch marks, smooth ones - they might be different but they all have one thing in common - they all look gorgeous and you are too!

xx

Awwww, tilly-I like that response-it made me feel all emotional!!!

You're right-I used to look at pregnant women and feel jealous cos they looked so fab!! :)

sarah2807 said:
Awwww, tilly-I like that response-it made me feel all emotional!!!

You're right-I used to look at pregnant women and feel jealous cos they looked so fab!! :)

Hehe yeah I suffer bump envy :rotfl: I really do peer at other womens bumps now my own is out there on show.

I see some women with these lovely bumps, sitting high and then look down and see mine, just huge and sigh :roll: :lol:

I bet some people look at yours and feels envious too though!! :D

sarah2807 said:
I bet some people look at yours and feels envious too though!! :D

lol maybe :lol: I look enormous. I swear I look more like 8 months plus now :lol: I see all these tiny women with bumps in proportion and go a bit green. Mine is in proportion to me, but I am tall, broad and not a shrinking violet so tend to stand out :rotfl:

Now I'm getting the waddle Tilly was on about its brilliant :D And I can rest my arms on my bump :) And my boobs too :shock: :shock: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:doh: :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back