What is happening to my thighs??!!?? Fluid or fat? Normal?

Julia

Reaction score
It's me again girls,

Has anyone else got what looks like alot of fat/water/cellulite on their thighs and tops of arms? I have done quite well right the way through but in the last couple of weeks the fluid/fat fairy has paid me a visit. Does it go after birth? Does breastfeeding help? I am overdue by 4 days (feels like 4 months)!

I was looking at my wedding pics earlier (I was a size ten and tanned!). I think that the photos will be my motive to lose the weight post birth.

Julia xxx

hi i have the same problem, im not as bad this time round thou as i was with my first child i look back at pics and cant believe how big my arms and face were but yes it all just seemed to go by 3 months later all the weight had just fallen of me!!

Hi Julia,

Yep, my arms, face, thighs, calves, ankles and feet have all grown esp. in the last few weeks, my midwife said its just all the extra water & supplies we carry for the baby and the swelling because of the extra weight and it'll all go after the birth (Hope so anyway, thunder thighs is not the word! :shock: )

Shouldn't be long for you tho. hun any signs of labour yet?

Thanks for your replies girls,

Nicki, every night I think that something is starting. I have crippling wind/period type pains which can even stop me from standing up!! This has been going on for about a week. I don't even bother getting excited because nothing comes of it - I will be caught out soon!! I am now 5 days over due and having a sweep on Tuesday. I am having so many baths I think I am going to wash my self away. I am getting bigger all over and I keep looking at my little tops and skinny jeans I used to wear.
My hubby also doesn't help by buying his weekly magazines like "FHM" "NUTS" and "ZOO"!!!!! I am going to cut out pics of the glamourous girls and stick them to my walls where my treadmill is set up - that'll make me run to get thin again!!!!!

Hope you are well - what's happening your end???

My hubby also doesn't help by buying his weekly magazines like "FHM" "NUTS" and "ZOO"!!!!! I am going to cut out pics of the glamourous girls and stick them to my walls where my treadmill is set up - that'll make me run to get thin again!!!!!

lmao thats so funny, kris is to scared to buy them mags as he dont think its worth the ear ache and nagging of me
"oh do u think shes nicer then me"

toned tanned big purky boobs
or big huge pale purple stretch mark fat ass hairy fairy granny pants me?

Dionne,

LOL!!! It won't be much longer...and anyway most of those girls will probably go through it at some time. I just remind my DH of what a wonderful thing an AIRBRUSH is and how it can alter people - funnily enough, he actually agrees because he watched a programme on it a couple of years ago and had a shock! Most of the women he liked turned out to be not as nice as he thought and he said that I looked better than most of them in the flesh!!! (I said what a pity it was that he had been so disillusioned but was really jumping for joy!!)

Once I have had my baby, I am going to be glamourous again (or try anyway) Back to sunbed, shaving (my bits), skinny jeans, camisole tops)

Julia xx

My DH buys FHM & Maxim but to be honest i've stopped worrying about all those pretty girls in there coz now I think i'm giving my man something they never will & if he seriously thinks any of them would be interested in him or he would stand a chance then he's deluding himself, I think it would scare him if he did have a women like that anyhow!

Anyway i've got a Nigel Harman calender hanging up in the bedroom so I can't complain really & of course if I ever met Nige my hubby should be worried, very worried!! :lol:

Julia, i'm waiting for some good news from you hun, won't be long. Nothings happening with me still. Its annoying getting all these twinges innit?! I've been getting them for a while now & stopped getting excited about them coz they never lead to anything. :(

Good luck hun & hope to see you in the new arrivals section soon.

xx

Yeah men don't think when there looking in mags and stuff in front of you, and comment on the women in there. i lose my temper too much and shout @ OH but really i should be bothered because i'm only pregnant for another 5 weeks then it's over and i can tone my body back to shape!
Good luck nicki hope you get some movement soon!!!

angiemum2b said:
Good luck nicki hope you get some movement soon!!!

Thanks hun, I hope so too (actually got a fair amount of movement just not baby, if you get my drift :lol: )

Oh well fingers crossed that something happens tonight for you!
I bet you've been on edge today I know I would be I can't wait till I get to where you are!!!

Well hopefully W will see a post from you in new arrivals very soon! :dance:

Good luck just in case it happens very very soon! :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back