How Long Does It Take for Fluid to Disappear from Legs?

Julia

Reaction score
Hi Mums,

I am at the end of my second pregnancy and have put what I HOPE is water on my thighs, arms and bum. Is this normal? If it is, how long did it take for it to come off after birth?

Tried my normal jeans on tonight and can't even get them over my thighs!! I am usually a size 10 / 12 but now feel much bigger!!

Julia xxx

Very normal - I swelled up like a balloon in the last few weeks. It took literally 48 hours, probably less, for my swelling to go down. I kid ye not, sorry if it's TMI, but I peed BUCKETS - easily more than twice what I'd been drinking - for the first 24 hours after birth and I had ankles rather than cankles the following day. By the time I went home 3 days after she was born I could get all my rings back on that I hadn't been able to wear for over a month.

Thanks for your reply, Daftscotslass,

That is reassuring! My fingers and ankles have not swollen...only my face, lower legs, upper legs and bum!!
Looks like cellulite - which I don't normally have alot of. 48 hours sounds good to me!! Made me feel much better!

Thanks very much!

Julia xxxx

My bodies not reacting as fast as that :lol:

My tummy has been reducing drastically everyday since the birth - didn't have much fat but all the flabby skin :puke:
Only a bit of loose skin below the belly button to go :dance:

I'm slowly losing water from my hips and fingers etc. Yesterday I could get the 2 largers of my rings on and off my fingers but they do leave a little mark and I can't fit the two the size below on yet :wall:

I also had to buy some size 14 jeans the other day as my maternity ones were falling off and my normal size 10's wouldn't do up :lol: But 2-3days later and I'm already having to wear a belt with them :D To be honest I could have just about squeezed into a size 12 but the pressure on my tummy made me feel sick :?

I think give it another 2-3 weeks and I'll be back to normal :pray:

crikey...you're both very lucky to be getting back to normal that quick!!

I had really bad swollen hands and couldn't wear my wedding rings for over two months and I got really bad carpal tunnel syndrome. I could get my rings back on after about a week but I've still got carpal tunnel just in my right hand now though

I could get back into my pre-pregnancy jeans after a week and half but they are still a bit tight and by the end of the day I have to loosen the button :oops:

I would say a day or two for me.
I didnt realise how much i swelled up until i looked back on pics. I noticed a difference the day after the birth to be honest. Trousers that were snug on the thighs before birth were now really baggy.

daftscotslass said:
Very normal - I swelled up like a balloon in the last few weeks. It took literally 48 hours, probably less, for my swelling to go down. I kid ye not, sorry if it's TMI, but I peed BUCKETS - easily more than twice what I'd been drinking - for the first 24 hours after birth and I had ankles rather than cankles the following day. By the time I went home 3 days after she was born I could get all my rings back on that I hadn't been able to wear for over a month.

Ditto, i could see my ankles again by the time i left hospital they day after having her

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back