Is more cellulite usual at this stage???? Hope it goes!!!!

Julia

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I have always had a little bit of cellulite, like everyone else, but it has never been really noticeable unless I prod and squeeze my skin. Now that I am 39 weeks preggers, I seem to have loads!! On my arms (which are normally fairly thin and a no-go area for cellulite; my legs (all over) are horrendous; my bum has been taken over!!!!!! Is this normal??? Will it reduce after the birth??? My friend said alot of it is water/fluid. I hope so. I should be called "cellulite city". I have not really put on tumps of weight but can't understand this cellulite business. Oh yes, my face is starting to puff up now (just to add salt to the wound).
To be honest, I know I sound like I am moaning, but I will go through anything for my little angel...

Julia xxxx

He he, I think its yet another joy of pregnancy. I've heard that alot of its water & will go after the birth.
God I hope mine does, its getting out of control now! :lol: My legs are just disgusting, my arms are flabby and i've put on about 14 stone on my face alone, double chin, is just not the word for it!!!!

I guess its got something to do with the 50% more blood we've got too & all the extra stores we need for little one, esp. if we want to breastfeed.

How are things with you? Any sign that you'll see bubs soon?

Nicki.x :D

Thanks for the reply, Nicki...

A couple of days ago, I thought things were happening - uncomfortable period type pains, firmer and lower belly, more "down below" fluid etc. My midwife also said the head is engaged last week (which got my hopes up). But, NO BABY YET!!! I am due in one week and if I go over I will be really frustrated.
I can't wait to meet my little one!!! Not very nervous for the birth because I know it is the end - no more belly, no more soft drinks when I go out, sex again (maybe), not as much cellulite, back into jeans and camisole tops etc....going to buy myself all new sexy underwear also!!!!!
BUT the main thing is: I am going to be able to see and hold my little person who has caused so mayhem already!!!!
Hope you are well - how long for you?

Julia xxx

I've got just under 2 weeks to go and can not wait. I'm sooooooooo looking forward to not hurting and aching anymore & like you said being able to get back into normal clothes.

I'm just dying to meet my LO, can't wait to see what he looks like, I think he'll be the spitting image of his Daddy.

It sounds like we're in the same boat here. My bubs fully engaged & have been getting period type pains & my belly has got alot harder very low down & can see he's dropped alot in the last couple of days but still haven't had a show. Its getting frustrating now, I think because the end is so near it stills seems so far away (if you know what I mean!) It's going to be a long couple of weeks! :lol:

Keep us updated on how things are.

Nicki.x :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back