What if they send me home again?

abbyw

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have my scan tomorrow at the EPC to 'confirm' what they have been telling me for 4 weeks now - that I have miscarried - and for them to offer me the D&C or the medical management.

Each time I have been scanned (three time already) they have sent me home and told me to come back next week as 'the sac size isn't officially big enough to declare blighted ovum, but we're certain that's what this is'.

I have been off work since my last scan last Monday as they advised me I could miscarry naturally at any time and to rest at home - nothing has happened and I am terrified they are going to just tell me the same again tomorrow - go away and come back next week...... How much longer can they drag this on for? They have never 'found' a baby so how much longer can they make me continue to carry??

I can't bear to wait another week in limbo - am worried enough they won't be able to treat the miscarriage until next week anyway, but if I have to wait longer I will totally hit rock bottom........

Did anyone else have this? How long was it until you were given treatment or miscarried naturally?? x

Sorry hun, can't help you but didn't want to read and run as this is an awful situation to have put you in. I really hope they can be decisive this time and I would insist on them making a decision and not leave until you have an answer and treatment. big big big hugs :hug: thinking of you xx

What a bizzare situation. :hug: You have my sympathies because hanging on like this must be torturous.

Are they saying that there has been some growth in the pregnancy sac between scans? Is that why they won't offer you options about ending the pregnancy?

If there was no change between scans then it is reasonable to assume the pregnancy is not viable and then you are usually offered a management option. I noticed in the scan room there was a little flow chart advising what to do in various circumstances. Usually a wait of 2 weeks is sufficient to draw a conclusion.

I hope you get some answers tomorrow hun.

I had two scans where the epau wouldn't do anything for me, but during the 3rd week I mc'ed naturally at home. I have had nothing but trouble since from them either. After 9 weeks of bleeding from my mc I had a dnc on Friday just gone. I really do hope u get some answers tomorrow as I have been on the worst roller coaster ride of my life the last few months. Please be strong when u go in for ur scan, I let them fob me off for far too long, and it's not fair on u, plaese demand the medical management or dnc which ever u would prefer. Big big hugs for u hun :hugs: xx

Hi abby
I've just come back from the EPU to have my bloods done and talk ERPC (which is like a D&C) as i'm having my op on friday, but i've asked for another scan which i'm having tomorrow morning (as i've only had one scan), but i know what the outcome will be, but it's just to comfirm the baby has died. I would like to think that they missed a heartbeat at 8 weeks but i'm sure they havent.
I have had to wait a week as i was told last thursday that my baby had no heartbeat and i've also requested that i have an internal scan i they didnt give me one last week.
If you want to pm and talk your more than welcome xx

Thanks all,

Torino - yes the sac has continued to grow each week - normal for a blighted ovum I believe as the body doesn't recognise yet that there's no baby inside anymore - but it isn't big enough just yet for them to 'ethically' declare it so - it was 2mm short last week so I would expect it to be over this size by tomorrow, or no growth at all, and in either case, they should (!) be able to offer me options.

It's hard - I do understand their position, but at this point I just want to have some resolution. Every twinge, cramp, pg symptom is just a reminder and every trip to the loo I am actually hoping to see some sign of blood now just so I know in my mind that this is a step closer to this nightmare being over......

I am just thankful that this is happening in quite early stages - I am about 8 weeks - I cannot imagine how horrendous it must be for women who are much further along to have to actually go through labour or who have felt movements of their baby within them etc so I have to be grateful for that - I just don't want this prolonged any more - we feel our whole lives are on hold until this is over.

Sorry for the moan and the whinge - just having a very down day today and very nervous for tomorrow. Thanks all xxx

thinking of you for tomorrow. One thing i have learnt with all the problems that we have had is dont feel bad about putting your foot down or questioning anything and even if you do dont let it stop you. All the dr's nurses etc are paid to look after you get the resolution you want and if there really is some reason why they cannot do it ask them why, you should be able to leave a hospital knowing the answers to all your questions and if not knowing you have a contact at the hospital who can answer them after the fact. Its a crappy situation your in so be brave and hope all goes as well as it can tomorrow. xxx

Hi guys,

Just wanted to update - thankfully they offered the miscarriage management - am booked in for my d&c on Monday - really not looking forward to it - terrified at the thought in fact - but had to opt for that over the medical management as I can't bear this carrying on for much longer so we opted for the swiftest resolution so we can just try and move on.....

They confirmed sac size was still growing - was ten weeks and one day today - so it could still be a while before my body naturally recognises the miscarriage - just can't handle the wait.

xxx

Glad things are moving along for you now hun, i hope you can get some peace with this now and be able to move on. :hugs: rest up and look after yourself, you will get your sticky bean very soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maegan
Back