• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What helps to ease your sickness?

LoopyLouize

Reaction score
Just when I thought I felt bad enough.. I hit the 8week plus 4 days yesterday and boy did the sickness get 10 times worse! Didn't think I could feel any worse but yep... It's possible! Today I am trying to get ready for work but I cannot go 2 minutes without legging it to the toilet!
Usually the past couple of weeks, eating small portions of food has helped ease the sickness but since yesterday I cannot touch food because I can't stand the smell and am unable to prepare anything because standing up for any longer than 2 minutes makes me heave!

Any ideas ladies?

Xx

No ideas at all hun but sending you big :hugs: & hope it passes soon
xxxxx

I found being very cold helped, had a fan on me at all times and drinking tonnes of water. Even now that I feel a bit better I still feel sick if I havent drunk enough water!!!
Hope it will pass very soon!!
xxx

I feel exactly the same! Im on my third day off work because of it, something that seems to work one day doesnt work the next! The only thing that helps me at all is to lay very still in bed. I was in tears frm it last night because theres just no let up, its 24/7.
Big hugs to you and i hope we both get over it soon xx

Ive touch wood not been too bad but feel it in the morning when i wake up i try to just eat some toast as quick as i can then it tends to subside. Ive been doing the eating little and often thing and also ginger biscuits!

This week I've lived off spearmint soft mints they have been a life saver. Fizzy water has helped a bit but it made me burp which seemed to ease a bit.
I hate how they call it morning sickness lol 11:30 last night I was throwing up lol

I have been nibbling ginger cookies most days - not really very healthy, but it seems to help a little.

A friend of mine has also loaned me a couple of wrist bands called 'Acustrap' that work on the principle of applying pressure to your pressure points. To be honest I can't say they have helped - but I can't very well wear them at work, so am only wearing them in the evening. They might be worth a try, as my friend swears by them!

Good luck!

NoooOOOOOOOOOOOO It gets worse? That sucks! I guess I knew it could and would... but reading it like that makes it so real.. Oh well..

I'm afraid I can't give you much advice on that front other than what the others have said. I tried to eat a little in bed before even sitting up, and that worked for a few days, but not anymore... other than that I guess being rested, TRYING to get down some food that tastes very little... :p (I have a lot of noodles now a days, at Tesco you can get 1 pack for 11p, curry or chicken flavoured, and I go through 2-4 of those a day I think... They're fast, they're carbs, they don't have an overwhelming taste, but a bit more interesting than dry bread or rice cakes.. also I add some extra water to make sure I get some more water. I never drink enough..which I've also read can be bad.)

If it doesn't get any better you might have to simply take a few days (or weeks...) off work. I know my sister was off work for a couple of weeks due to morning sickness. She was literally on the couch all day because standing up made her vomit :( Sorry...! Hope it gets better soon!! At least it should mean your baby is doing really well! :D Right??

Everyone says ginger, but I got sick with it on day 2. Travel bands might work for you, I thought I could see some improvement, but I gave up on them too after a while.

The only thing that works for me is having a really busy, nice day out - MS tends to disappear!

Maybe its just a bad day I've had a few bad days and then a few good ones :)

I defiantly would recommend having mints nearby at all times I have lived on them I eat one before I get out of bed it reallt helps whenever you start feeling nauseous, hope u feel better soon : hugs:

Thank you for all your input!

The Ginger biscuits are a huge no no for me lol - can't stand them!! Eurghhh!

I totally agree with the mint suggestions!!!! I got some polos and they have worked a treat!!! Pity I have just gone through two packs in 4 hours though! Must buy more!!!

Pos - I think breadsticks are a good idea too. Will buy some!

Lewa - sorry to scare you hehe! I hope you manage to handle it better than moi! Im a soft cow when it comes to being ill :)

X

mints, breadsticks and chewing gum all helped me at one time even if not now. Lucozade and ready salted crisps have also helped previously too xx

I've tried breadsticks too.

I still get ms unfortunately! I asked for a half day today because of it and am currently in my PJs! Don't want to take any days off sick, although I'm sure it is going to happen one day!

I've fancied lucozade for ageeees. Can we have that then?

xxxx

Yes it has less caffeine than a cup of tea, problem is its full of calories! Lol. Its 0.012% caffeine, the lucozade sport is a little healthier x

That's great, thanks Dollie :D xxxx

Last edited:
I find wen I have sickly waves in the morning that if my oh gets up and makes me a hot chocolate with one sugar it really subsides it quickly! X

Just make sure it's NOT the sugar free polos of you are eating lots of them, you'll end up with very loose bowels!!!! Sorry if that's tmi but felt it might just add to the problem if you did! X

Bubble gum saved my life last night!

New discovery today!
WATERMELON! I'm considering making a new thread just to let people see it properly... but I guess anyone with morning sickness will be checking this thread for advice :p

This morning I had about 1/8th of a mediumsized watermelon first thing when I got up. (simply because I had some, it was fresher than dry bread.. and contains a lot of liquid... and I feel it has a quite mild taste, and it's not too acidic, so it goes down easily...) After that only had one rice cracker and I hurried out of the house to go to work, terrified I would be throwing up in 30-60 min since I hadn't had any more to eat, which previously has been equal to being sick.. My job involves biking around a lot, so the little I had eaten would get digested soon, and I was super worried because I didn't have time to eat any more in between all the places I had to be (Home care assistant). When I got home at 11.30, 4 hours after eating, I wasn't even nauseous!!! Incredible! Lately I've gotten nauseous if I sit still and don't eat for 3 hours... Had some more watermelon, went to bed to take a nap, and still not nauseous when waking up around 3pm.

I thought it might be a coincidence, but googled it and there are more people who's experienced that watermelon helps as well, and a couple of short articles about it. Some say that any fruit with a high water content can help. Apparently watermelon also helps for heart burn and pre-eclampsia! So I really think it's worth a try!

Hope it can help for someone else too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back