discovered how to ease morning sickness!!

pixie17

Reaction score
I am sure many of you out there may already know this but I didnt and since I have been told I am eternally gratefull and feel i should share it with others that arent in the know.

GINGER INFUSED WATER!

I have been suffering from 24/7 'morning' sickness for the past week and when i saw my midwife yesterday she told me this recepie which could ease it - and it has!

You need fresh ginger, a lemon and an orange. Basically you put a few slices of orange, a few slices of lemon and about a thumb size bit of peeled diced all into some hotwater (I use about 500ml), let it infuse for about 5min,stiring and then pour it into cup (i use a sieve) and drink. It doesnt get rid of it but i swear its helped. She also said you could do a load, put it in the fridge and have as a cold drink.

Normally natural remedies dont work for me, got nothing against them, but they just dont do it for me so I was a bit sceptical but im totally converted.

I'm glad this has worked for you pixie. I'll have to remember that if the morning sickness kicks in.

Ginger ale helped a lot for me. I got the diet stuff so I wasn't drinking pure sugar the whole time. Just sipping it throughout the day and bizarrely the gas made me burp and that helped too.

My sickness started 2 days ago and yesterday after I threw up I made myself a cup of ginger tea and felt better right away! This morning I had to go to work (first real day!) so I got up early and had half a cup of ginger tea first thing in the morning, and then the rest after my shower, and so far I haven't thrown up. Still nauseous and really really careful with what I eat, but yes, ginger does seem to help. I want to make loads and have in the fridge as a cold refreshing drink too, and maybe even some ice cubes to suck on...? we'll see.

Two things I've discovered I can quite safely eat in small portions is chicken soup (so hubby made a huge portion yesterday and I've frozen it in small portions so I can have a little bit whenever nothing else works) and also avocado does go down without trouble. It doesn't make it better, but it doesn't make it worse either, so that's pretty good. And it has loads of healthy fats an protein, so I think that if you can only have a little food then avocado is a good choice!

I'm going to try ginger beer as well, I know I like it so would be good to have an excuse to drink it :p
And it does make sense that the gas helps you uhm get rid of gas as well :p When I was a child I'd always have sprite or 7up o something when I had a tummy ache for that exact reason...

Ive been suffering with morning sickness for 4 weeks now and the only thing ive found that helps is to eat a dry ginger biscuit before i get out of bed in the morning. I keep a few in my bag for throughout the day as an empty stomach makes it worse. Any other suggestions would be helpful :)

Lewa, I had a thing for avocado last week :) I've not really found anything that helps tbh. Breadsticks were quite good to begin with at work. Ice in my drinks seems to be good as well.

xxx

Travel sickness bands (sea bands) are my saviour! Really helped me.

well, now the nausea is worse and it feels like nothing helps really.. threw up twice yesterday.. :S An empty stomach definitely is worse, but it's not always eating something helps either.. this is annoying! :p Iknew it wouldbe like this, but I really wish it wasn't!

I was just sick again... I hadn't had my cup of ginger tea yet though, but will now... I did yesterday though, and yesterday that wasn't enough to stop me.. but hey, at least I feel better after vomiting! "yey". The lady we were driving with when I was sick yesterday told me she would make herself vomit when she was pregnant (w/ a finger) just to get it over with and feel better... :S Who knows... one of these days I might be doing that myself..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back