What does this mean?

kellie80

Reaction score
I've been for my last MW appointment today and i'm measuring a massive 43 weeks. Everything seemed ok, my blood pressure was up a bit to 125/85 but she said that it was still ok. Question is she has wrote on my notes 'ceph fixed', does that mean he's engaged now? cos it just said brim last time. Don't know if hes still back to back cos i forgot to ask :doh: She did ask if i was getting a lot of kicks in my side though, so sounds like hes moved a bit.

Kinda sounds like it to me. :dance:
Thats what I would have taken from it anyway.
I am going to MW today will ask for u.
Mines keeps putting down CEPH.
Then in next box FREE.

Katrina

It certainly sounds like she can't move the baby's head (free) so it must have at least started to engage. I think normally they write down how much of the head they can still feel so that you know how engaged baby is.

wow 43 weeks?!?!?! :shock: i hope everythings goin well kellie and ur labours not too bad!!

ceph is for cephalic which means baby is head down in correct position, the fixed means its engaged

:D

Sorry Kellie forgot to ask MW :oops:
But I gather from what other girls have said
that the general opinion is that babe is good to go :D
Mines has got itself into an awkward position today
and wasnt moving as much as usual,
midwife sent me to hosp for tracing
and as usual babe decided to perform
Just typical :oops: :oops:

Hope things dont drag out too long for u

Katrina

Thanks Treena. Well he certanly feels like his head engaged but nothing else is happneing. My baby slowed down a lot latley and i have been getting a bit worried but still get the 10 a day if i concentrate on every move. Typical that isn't it, every time you get put on the moniter the baby goes mad. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back