What does it feel like when the head begins to engage?

Julia

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I just wondered if you can feel if the head is starting to engage. If so, what does it feel like? I am 36 weeks and was wondering when it actually happens. I was told that it happens earlier on first babies (it is my first). Can't wait to meet my little angel!!

Julia xx

Hi Julia

I didn't feel anything at all and Abi engaged at 28 weeks, but my sister in law had pressure down below and also pains in her pelvis.

It's the best feeling in the world when you meet bubs for 1st time :)

Manda x

Thanks Manda,

I suppose everyone is different so I will just have to wait until I see the midwife on Tuesday. Your little one looks lovely. I am not fearing the birth too much because it means I will finally meet my little lodger!!!!

Julia xx

i was talking about this on friday! a few of the girls where going over their labour stories and pregnancy pains for me!!! wasn't too fussy on some of the labour stories i heard! but they all sad they felt a weird feeling low down and also around the crease of thier legs.... when the head was engaging..

One said it felt like a tickle/itch you can't seem to find - in the crease of your leg.

Another said she felt like something was triggling down her hip towards the leg crease. A few times she felt herself to see if she was wet.
x

I never felt anything different either! :? Mind you, I had felt as if the baby was gonna drop for the whole pregnancy! :lol:

mel xx

Apparantly babies can start to engage from 36 weeks onwards. Mine certainly did! My little girl was born almost 3 weeks early and at my last two midwife appointments at 35 and 36 weeks, she said she couldnt feel the head :shock: - now we know why!!! she had engaged and was ready to come out early!!!!

But I never felt thing!. labour however was a very different story!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hayley - thats wierd what your friends said about the tingling sensations - it must be something to do with nerves as ever since I have had Heidi I have had a tingling / feeling of water trickling down my leg. It always happens in the same place and it really feels like cold water trickling !!??!!

L x

I havent really felt anything much although my little one is apparently now engaged!

The only thing i find if i walk more than a mile or two is my pelvis feels heavy but then that could just be the weight of a fat baby!!! :D

I love this bit of the pregnancy i wake up avery day wondering how many more sleeps until i meet my little Isla! :D

Apparently my LO is 4/5ths engaged, at last M/W appointment anyway, so hoping he's dropped a bit now, will find out on Thurs.

I haven't felt him engage as such but have been getting alot more feelings from him lower down and you can sort of see that my bump has dropped a bit, my coat is easier to do up now!

Nicki.x :D

on my first child i didnt feel anything at all just got up one morning and everything was lower than the day before i had less heartburn and could breathe easier was lovely feeling lol this time im carrying very high and measuring 6 weeks further than i should be cant wait for baby to drop down a bit already :D xxx

I just wanted to wee alot and I felt like I could eat more. That was all I felt, though as time went on did feel heavy "down there" :oops:

Hi When I saw my consultant last week I was 4/5 enagaged not sure if it has four fifths to go or one fifith to go .

Now I am really not sure baby moved last night and it feels like I am carrying a hugh water melon in my pelvis :shock: I cant tell it is babys head or whether it has gone breech it all feels to say solid, and if I sit to long I am struggling to get up as baby keeps relaxing in my pelvis region. This is one lazy baby it has spent most of its time in my pelvis but now it is really heavy. I cant even get up once I have bent down wth out a groan :?

hi all with my first i didnt feel anything as she was only 2lbs 10 oz anyway was at the midwife and consultant last week and this little bean still isnt engaged so it got me a bit worried but they said that with your second baby it may not go engaged till the last second depending on my pelvis but me being so small i think its going t have a problem getting engaged anyway as they reckon its 7lbs so far but im going in on the 20th at 8pm to start being induced so will lwt yous all know how it goes and hopefully it will work and i wont be sent home again.

take care all love n hugs

xxx

i didn't feel anything really - just needed the loo alot and started to get cramp

Mine was 2/5 engaged (2/5 left to drop) at 32/33 weeks, and now 1/5 engaged. I can definitely feel a difference! I can eat more, which is great as I couldn't eat much a few weeks ago, but I also pee loads of little pees. I can feel more pressure down below, and Bean kicks just below my ribs now, instead of in them!!! :shock: My bump has dropped too (known as lightening). My OH says it looks as if Ive got a beer belly now not a baby belly! How nice! :lol:

Some people feel a difference, some don't, but these are the things Ive noticed. Hope this helps hun.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back