when does baby engage?

Danielle77

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
When does baby typically engage? Also, if you engage early, does it mean you're close to giving birth? What happens if baby doesn't engage? One thing I've not really looked up is 'baby engaging'. Can somebody pls educate me! Thx x

I'm due on Monday and Pip still isn't engaged. Some people engage early but it doesn't necessarily mean they will go into labour any earlier xx

it can happen at anytime, and can be 10 mins before labour, while in labour or even weeks/months before labour.

ur midwife should go through all of this with you at ur next appointment hun x

My sister was 4/5th engaged at 37 wks with her first a couple of months ago it got her hopes up and then she went 2 wks over.

With my last at 39wks the mw said the baby was what they call 'free' and not in my pelvis at all I had him 2 days early (my only one I've had early) I really don't think it makes a difference if baby is really they go down

I have been going from 3/5 to free since 33 weeks and gave birth a week early. Its really not an indication.
My friend was the samr but she went 2 weeks over

sent from my Galaxy s2

Generally they usually say your first one engages earlier. But obviously if doesn't all ways work like that. Dont think they 'typically' do it at any point, everyone's different. Xxx

My baby has been head down since about 24 weeks?

Everyones different hun my LO engaged at 34 weeks x

My baby didnt fully engage until after I was 10cm dilated so don't worry! I wsn't engaged at all when my water broke either so it really doesn't mean much. Hope that helps!

I should have mentioned that my water broke before contractions began ... :)

Thanks ladies - so, really It means nothing! Ha ha. Great to hear everybody's different experiences x

yea it it kinda means nothing i was checked the day before i was due and was told i was 2/5 engaged i went into labour that very night :) x

I'm engaged and have been for weeks now, couple weeks ago I was 4/5 Nd now I'm 3/5. Don't think it means babies coming any earlier although I'd quite like to have her come anytime after 37 lol x

Everyone is different. Last Wednesday my little fella was back to back with me then midwife came out a day later to see me and check my blood pressure and within the 24 hours he had turned and fully engaged. 7.30am on Friday I went into early labour and I still have no baby but I do have a really grumpy mood.

We really didnt think that he would turn and he would come out face up but midwife thought he would only engage when labour started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back