what do you think?

positivity :)

Reaction score
i had a blood test last friday to check that i am ovulating, i requested it (being cheeky) and was suprised that my doctor agreed (she was new :)) anyway, she said, call on tuesday for your result. when i actually had the test on friday, the nurse said call on wednesday.

of course, i called today and the woman on the phone said call back late tomorrow or thursday, the doctor needs to see them and leave a note. she said its normal procedure and a doctor hasn't seen them on the system yet..but now im worrying that there's somehitng wrong??! why would they tell me to call today/tomorrow??

xx

I'm guessing the new GP thought that the results would be processed on the day they are ready (today) but in reality the admin side of things delays it and therefore they need the extra day to process the results and have asked you to call back tomorrow- I definitely wouldn't worry yourself that there is anything wrong, as typically problems are treated as most urgent not least :)

I agree, don't worry about it hun. I was asked to take a chlamydia test by my GP when I went for my asthma check up (pleasant suprise...not!) and when I called up for the results the nurse was similar. I literally pooed myself lol, even though I've been with OH for over 7 years and had no reason to worry. All will be ok :) xxx

i think if it was bad news they would have asked you to come and speak to the doctor? Not postpone it another day? Im syre youll be fine x

God, my docs are always fobbing me off.

"Can I have an appointment please"

"Yes, we can fit you in next Thursday"

"Um, I think I might be better by then! Any chance of seeing a doctor this week?"

"Well, unless you have the plague/similar, no not really"

"Oh ok, thanks, I'll just die quietly over here then, sorry to bother you."

they said tht to me when they sent my water sample off, dunno whether its the same but it was because the doctor hadn't saw them yet. Nothing was wrong with me so i wouldn't worry xx

i bloody called again today and they told me friday, v v annoying!! xx

That really is annoying!!! I think I might have made a fuss by now along the lines of "The doctor told me herself that it would be ready today! What's the problem? Is it that you can't be bothered??"
I think I might be a bit of a cow though and I am sure you are a much nicer person!

LOL star fish, at least you are honest! My doctors did the same with my preconception bloods, I was so scared something was wrong. In reality they just hadn't got round to looking and all was ok. Try not to worry.

xx

I'd try not to worry too. Doctors are busy, and to be honest, i think that if it was bad news you'd get told asap - them taking their time to do the admin says to me that everything is fine.

thanks everyone, starfish i did say 'are you honestly telling me i have to wait a whole week for routine test results' and she said...yes!! er, ok then, thank bye lol!

i was going to call today but im just gonna leave it until tomorrow they should def be back by then! i get really anxious each time i called so im just gonna leave it now x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back