• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

what do you think? (weight)

melhoney

Reaction score
Maheen went to baby clinic yesterday, after a month! she has lost 2 pounds, but the HV told my SIL it's ok, normal, as she has strated to move more.

Yes, Maheen has started to stand up on her legs, but doesn't crawl at all, and sits most of the time, in her play nest and throw things around her, or on the floor.

The HV said not to worry buut I can't help thinking 2 pounds is A LOT!

If I put here what Maheen eats, maybe you can tell me what you think...I have always been very very UNSURE about the whole weaning process!
Maheen is 9 months today!

7:30: 150ml of milk and half a bowl of readybreak
11:30: 180ml of milk and some veggies (with some chicken since a week!) +dessert
03:30pm: 180ml of milk and same kind of meal (different dessert)
06:15pm: some food, usually a small meal
07:30pm: between 180ml and 210ml of milk

Do you think it is enough or is she starving? She does not eat very well lumpy food, so we aare still giving pureed most of the time, but I am trying to encourage her with bigger stuff...she has started to consider it for the last 2 weeks only.

I am just feeling soooooooo guilty! please tell me what you think!

sorry for the long post! :oops:
mel xx

Aw she definitley won't be starving....she'd be waking up all night and generally not be content at all if there was anything wrong.

You may not think she is moving around much, but she will be burning lots of extra calories just by being more alert and playing with toys more.

Try not to worry, their weight does go up and down, she seems to be eating fine for her age...Brody hardly has anything...at dinner time he has about 1/2 a jars worth and a yoghurt, and he is one in a couple of weeks!

Her food sounds fine to me . She would let you know if she was hungry. Aimee weight has always been up and down, she has never lost that much weight before but she has lost some and stayed the same for weeks. I'm sure they would have told you if they were worried. What she eats sounds similer to Aimee, I struggle to get half a jar of food in her and she only drinks 8-10 oz of milk a day.

Does she eat finger foods? Maybe you could give her a few snacks in the day? Aaron eat Humzingers and biscuits etc in between meals. Will she have milkshake? There is a good easy recipe for milkshake in the blackboard specials in the food part of the board. If the HV isn't worried hun I wouldn't worry yourself about it. She's doing fine! Aaron is a sod with his weight and has never really put on much to be honest. They tend to yo yo at this age as well due to weaning and being more active, they burn more fat than you think. :hug:

Hi

I think its fine, my nieghbours daughter lost 6 pounds in two months and the doctors were not worried
Katrina

Thanks for your replies, it does reassure me a lot!

today I tried to refrain from stuffing her, just for the sake of it! yes, she is a very much contented little baby, and does not wake u in the night at all! if she does, it's because of gas, and she falls asleep as soon as it's gone out! :wink:

We really struggle to make her drink her milk, I think she is just like me, i don't like milk AT ALL!

I have bought a few biscuits and yes, she loves them, but I have never tried milkshake! that's a god idea...will try to trace the recipee on the forum! Shall i give it in her feeder?
she really gets excited as soon as she sees a glass of liquid, and wants to drink like "big people" all the time!

I'll try not to worry, and just follow my instinct!
Thanks again, I feel more confident now

Mel xx

I give it to aaron in his cup but when it gets to the end part I take the lid off and he drinks it like a big boy which he's so chuffed with :D He loves them to bits!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back