what would you do?

melhoney

Reaction score
I need your help!!! :?

Maheen ahs had temperature (38.2) since last night! and she vomitted her dinner as well last night but not her feed, that she took reluctantly. Today she had 37.4 and tonight again, 38.2. She has been fine in herself all along, just a lot of runny nappies for the past few days and the vomiting last night. She had her food today and she was fine, and has kept everything down tonight.

we have given calpol both nights. What would you advise me to do? should I keep on giving calpol for a few days still, or should I take her to GP tomorrow?

she is really not bothered about it, but of course I worry!

she cut 2 teeth last months, but no other since. she never got upset about the teeth when it happened.
Also, she gets little red spots on her bum, where she passes stools.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?? :think:
help please!

Many thanks
Mel xx

Hi Mel

Sounds to me like Maheen has some more teeth on the way! What you describe is exactly what Olivia had just before getting her top teeth through.

I would continue to give her the calpol at night if she has a temperature but I also think you should take her along to the GPs just to get her checked over for a piece of mind.

Lucy

Hi

Isaac cut his front teeth no probs but with the back ones he's had temperatures and runny nappies and red cheeks and dribbling, the whole lot! I gave him calpol and calprofen alternately. The calprofen helps with the inflammation.

Hope all is well

Lou :)

Thank you for the reassurance :)

she still has temperature tonight despite calpol, so I have just called nhs direct...they are going to call me back...I hope it's just that, really! I have been lucky so far, maheen only got a cold once, when we were in France last summer, but this means i feel a bit helpless! I don't want to worry to much and quickly, but I don't want to undermine symptoms!!!

merci!!!!!

Mel xx

Maby try Child Nurofen, that really nails high temps in my children :) moreso than Calpol.

Also, you are allowed to give both Calpol and Nurofen, since 1 is a painkiller and the other an anti-inflammatory. :)

Check it with NHS direct if youre not sure :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back