Do you think I should hit back at this...*wrote the letter*

zebrastripes

Reaction score
A few weeks ago, this delightful lady http://www.anphoblacht.com/news/detail/30261 made some very negative comments towards homosexuals. She also happens to be my MP, and the scum of the earth.

Since then, our local paper has published many letters in the Write To the Editor section AGREEING with the mental cow. Not one has stood up in support of gays. I read another one today and it is really annoying me...I so want to write in...but what should I write? "Hello, fellow countrymen, you have gone from being a bunch of sectarian bigots to being homophobic bigots, congratulations." probably won't go down too well....any ideas...

*****EDIT***** I wrote the letter...what do you think of this?

Dear Editor
I have been following the Letters page with interest in the wake of Iris Robinson's disgraceful attack on the gay community. Amongst other things, I have noticed no condemnation of her remarks: quite the contrary. How can an elected MP deal with minority groups in her constituency in an impartial and fair way if she sees one particular group as "an abomination" and "sinful". Does she feel the same, by definition, about atheists, agnostics, and those who would not neatly fit into her very narrow view of the world?
Whilst not wanting to condemn people for having religious views, and being able to air them, Ms Robinson, as a public representative, has a responsibility to choose her words carefully and in a measured way. To quote the Bible as some sort of moral arguement, as a tool to offend and single out a specific group for attack should be an affront to all decent Christians, who believe in the Bible as the "Word of God"
What is also being overlooked is that the Bible has also been translated and mis-translated countless times-for instance the original text decrying homosexuality( Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind: it is an abomination-Leviticus 18:22) was referring to the man-boy sex rites of the Hellenistic Greeks- which would clearly be immoral as it was basically paedophilia.
In the broader context, if we are to take Ms Robinsons views literally, can we presume that she is happy with stoning adulterers and giving 10% of her earnings to the poor? Does she also refrain from wearing trousers, as dressing in what could be construed as men's clothing is "an abomination unto the Lord" (Genesis 22:5)
Iris Robinson is clearly an intelligent woman who has a grasp of historical knowledge. She should perhaps use this intelligence to reassess and rethink her vicious comments. As a public figure she should be aware that history also tells us that when people in authority start singling out groups who are different, because of their race, religion, sexual orientation or political views, and back their views up with a moral and political thesis, that in the final analysis, society can be lead to very dark and dangerous places. Ms Robinson should retract her comments, apologise to the gay community, and retire quietly to private life.

I dunno what you can write but i'm sure you'll find something.. go for it :D

jools221181 said:
:shock: :shock: That is disgusting! :shock: :shock:

I would write exactly what you said! :evil:

:rotfl: I'd love to... however I must maintain an intellectual distance...but oh how I'd love to...

what a vile woman - surely she should be professional enough to keep her private and personal views out of her politics. And as for the shit that is meant to be treatment, perhaps the guy who turned straight did so as he was scared abouyt living as a gay man in such a judgemental society. She obviously doesn't get enough to have so much hatred - perhaps she resents gay men for getting more cock then she can

I wont read it cause i will probably get to angry.

I would probably write exactly what you said. Its a very old fashioned view of life if she is homophobic. Maybe its cause she is secretly gay herself lol.

Well the thing is, she actually offered the service of her own personal psychiatrist to gay people, to turn them back to being straight. this psychiatrist is apparently a constant feature of her staff

HMMMMMMMM

zebrastripes said:
I just did lol am gonna get such a lot of abuse now, but oh well

As you said it Oh well, I'm sure every gay will appreciate being stuck up for :hug:

zebrastripes said:

You should be proud of yourself hun! :hug:

Princess_Puddles said:
zebrastripes said:

As you said it Oh well, I'm sure every gay will appreciate being stuck up for :hug:

well they can't do it themselves, after all they get kicked half to death just for walking down the street sometimes.

Plus a few of my best friends are gay as priests, and they are the nicest most decent people you'd ever hope to meet

zebrastripes said:
Well the thing is, she actually offered the service of her own personal psychiatrist to gay people, to turn them back to being straight. this psychiatrist is apparently a constant feature of her staff

HMMMMMMMM

a tad dodgy........

zebrastripes said:
Princess_Puddles said:
zebrastripes said:

well they can't do it themselves, after all they get kicked half to death just for walking down the street sometimes.

Plus a few of my best friends are gay as priests, and they are the nicest most decent people you'd ever hope to meet

:eek: Thats terrible. Gay blokes are the best friends ever, I have a gay friend and couldn't ask for a better mate!

The woman clearly has no idea of the real world. I particularly like this quote:

“I have met people who have turned around and become heterosexual. They are married and are having families.”

These days you don't have to be heterosexual to get married and have a family. My partner and I have a baby are currently planning a civil partnership. Would she rather I pretended to be straight and string some poor bloke along? In my eyes that's the thing that would be morally wrong.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The letter is excellent. Good on you. The only protest letter I have written recently is one decrying the closure of my local post office!

fab letter - as a fellow northern irelander - i too was absolutely disgusted by her attitude and can't believe your paper is agreeing - if you arent allowed to publically state what paper - would you pm me with which one it was?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back