• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What do you suppose this means?

Annie050408

Reaction score
On my scan notes from yesterday the sonographer put that the baby's head was 'abutting the cervix'. Does that mean that her head is engaged or is that something different?

Im sorry i havent got a clue but didnt want to read and run!

Low lying placenta comes to mind, but really not sure :( sorry xxx

I had an internal scan during that session which ruled out a low lying placenta so I didn't think it was that.

Apparently, according to an online dictionary, the word 'abutting' means 'Having a common boundary or edge; touching'- but I thought the baby's head had to be engaged in order to touch the cervix?

Last edited:
What does that mean?! Is that normal for this stage? It can take a few weeks to engage right?

i dont know haha just spreadin some loooove :love:

have u got a yogaball

Sounds like its sitting right next to the entrance to me, I agree bouncing needed and maybee engaging will come next

Do I want that to happen just yet?!

I think engaging can happen at anytime hon. Baby won't come until cervix is open and your body is ready so she could engage but stay in there for weeks. Also I think (don't quote me though) that they can engage and then disengage then engage again-I've heard people say they were told baby was 2/5ths engaged and then not engaged at all a week later x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back