4/5 Engaged

emma1976

Reaction score
I had my doctors appointment the other day and he put on my notes that babes head was 4/5 engaged. Last week her head was still floating about in her little watery home (and the rest of her body obviously) when I was at midwife. What does 4/5 engaged mean. Is that she is almost there or they can feel 4/5 of her head still. I don't understand :(

Anyone help please ??????

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

It means that's what they can feel by pressing your tum tum - I asked this too when I was pregnant as I was confused, so in effect your babe has it's head 1/5 getting ready.

Hope that makes sense and is right, am sure it is :)

It sounds right for you hun. Usually it's what they can feel but some do it the other way round (just to confuse us!) so I'd double check with your midwife or GP when you next see them x

Hi Em,

snap!! That's what my midwife wrote on my notes too! I can really feel it too although I don't think my bump has visably dropped yet. My bladder seems to ache like I'm desperate to go when in reality there's not much there and I'm being kicked lower down now too.

+++

That's exactly what I am feeling like too. I can really feel her pushing on my bladder and I'm needing the loo but there's hardly anything! I have the midwife Wednesday so hopefully she will say it's further down then!

Hope you are OK hun. Mail you tomorrow. Well today nearly :)

Em xxxxxxx

not long to go now for you guys!!!

you must be so excited! :)

Yes I am! I'd saved all of the nursery set up etc until now so I'm rushing around washing everything but it is very exciting! My DH keeps going into the baby's room and saying "hurry up baby!" It does look like there's something missing- which there is!

Just wish people would stop saying "enjoy what time you have left" like a) I'm going to go clubbing or drinking or stay up late when I'm as big and clumsy as a blue whale! or b) that somehow the world is going to end as soon as he or she arrives! I mean I know it's going to be very hard work but whatever happened to "wahey you have a baby!" I mean you'd think it was all pants the way some people go on!

+++

Hi Emma

How are you, cant believe that you are nearly there. I hope things are okay for you at the minute.

x

Layla

How did it go on Saturday. I thought about you.

x

Rosebay said:
Just wish people would stop saying "enjoy what time you have left" like a) I'm going to go clubbing or drinking or stay up late when I'm as big and clumsy as a blue whale! or b) that somehow the world is going to end as soon as he or she arrives! I mean I know it's going to be very hard work but whatever happened to "wahey you have a baby!" I mean you'd think it was all pants the way some people go on!

+++

I know what you mean I keep getting that :? if I wasn't fully prepared for having a baby and my life changing I wouldn't be having one :!: And how can I enjoy my time sat on my arse if I have nothing constructive to do?

Moaning again....... :roll:

Hope your little one is moving further down now Emma!

davina said:
Layla

How did it go on Saturday. I thought about you.

x

have a look in off topic hun, i have posted pics, the whole day went great :D

Rosebay said:

+++

I think it makes me sound like I have a terminal disease - "don't wish this time away". I hate being told to enjoy it, I have a spacehopper attached to my belly, something inside me that loves kicking my bladder and stretching my skin, and I walk like John Wayne (not for good reasons) and when I get out of bed I need to locate my hips as they seem to have become disengaged from my pelvis. Enjoy myself!!!! Bring on the baby I say x

hahaha that made me laugh!! :lol: agree totally - especially with the space hopper comment lol

So glad it's not just me being a grumpstress! :lol: People say these cliched things without even thinking I reckon! I have managed not to say anything back so far but one day.....

+++

I am the same as well. People say oooooooooooooh enjoy pregnancy, yeah great! It's not been bad but I would rather it was like a chicken and we laid an egg which would also hurt but be smaller and then put it in an incubator for a week and we have our baby. It has got to the point now where I do speak my mind and when people say you should enjoy being pregnant I just tell them to shut up.

I have a friend who is like a 2nd mum to me and had 3 kids by c sections and also was unable to breast feed although wanted to, who has a moan at me if I moan about anything and keeps on asking if I am still going to try breastfeeding etc and when I moan and accidently put a "bloody" in the wrong place she says it upsets her to hear me say that about the pregnancy etc.

Not everyone enjoys being pregnant and although it is a gift we don't have to enjoy it either. It's not been the easiest for me and I am sure a lot of you can say the same as well. We are all anxious to cuddle our little uns.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I agree but daren't admit it until someone else started this thread. Why does no one ever tell you how hard it is and how crap it makes you feel?

I'm huge and can't fit into any clothes, have a bad back, sore ribs, sore stomach, swollen legs, leaking (enormous) boobs, I can't drink, smoke or run, I can't see my privates or put on my shoes, I can't get out of bed without a crane to help and I want to cry all the time.

You wouldn't think we were designed for this would you?

Sorry rant over :oops:

Kim said:
You wouldn't think we were designed for this would you?

You're so right! You'd have thought that nature would have been a bit kinder eh?

+++

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back