Engaged Baby...

pringle88

Reaction score
Hello,

When my MW examined me today she said a lot of the baby's head is down but she can still feel a bit of her head so she would probably say she was 2/5ths engaged...

I checked my notes after my appointment and she has written 4/5th engaged??

What does this actually mean? How long as it taken other girls to go from 4/5th engaged to fully engaged? i know everybody is different but i would just like an idea :)

xx

I'm not an expert, but I thought in your notes they write down how many 5th palpable. ie how many 5ths of the babys head they can feel. So if you're 2/5 engaged, she would have written 3/5 palpable. I may be wrong though. I'm sure others on here will know better than me.

I'm not an expert, but I thought in your notes they write down how many 5th palpable. ie how many 5ths of the babys head they can feel. So if you're 2/5 engaged, she would have written 3/5 palpable. I may be wrong though. I'm sure others on here will know better than me.
That's what I thought, too. She must have confused herself in one way or another.

Anyway, it's still early days at 33 weeks and 6 days anyway, as far as I'm aware they're only expecting the head to be engaged by 36 weeks if it's your first baby, and not necessarily at all if you've already had a baby.

Yeah thats what i was thinking... it is my first baby! last week when i had a growth scan the sonographer said she is well down into my pelvis - ill double check next week...seems like you can never get a straight answer out of the drs and midwives!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back