What do you still need?

Momma`Kat

Reaction score
I still need sheets for the cot and moses basket (have ONE set.. yeah thats gonna last :p)

Changing mat is on the way from kiddicare..

Need toys..Suggestions?

Need somewhere to store blankets/outdoor jackets (i have loads omg, they are all just piled in the cot at the moment lol)

I only have one baby towel so need a couple more..

Need a feeding pillow or something to that effect.. Any reviews on good ones?

Need milk freezer bags.. Again can anyone recomend good ones?

Need a breast pump! Well I have one.. A Mini Medela i think it is, But there is no motor! Does anyone have a spare motor? I think im just gonna buy another one anyway though, but if I can save some cash im all for it lol

I have NO baby medicine stuff, thermometer, infacol, hairbrush, nose squeegy thingie, or anything like that

I have a playmat but havent actually looked at it yet (Its all taped up in plastic bags, thanks dad.. not helpfull) , need to soon so i know if i find it suibtable LOL im a fussy cow :p

And i need to hunt out my digital camera!

lol hate to say this, but i think i have everything down to the bath thermometer! lol!
One thing i havent got are toys, i was thinking the same, maybe some teething rings, and some sort of distraction for the pushchair or something. oooh and i want a mobile for my cot :D
Freezer milk bags - lasinoh are doing free ones, i got a couple from the freebies part on the forum! so im sure you can still get them.
Good question on the pillow front, i havent got one of those yet, not sure if im going to bother to be honest, but would be good to see if anyone comes up with good ones! x

Oooh good question Kat!

I still need -

1) A Feeding pillow! Been looking but like you both, not sure wether to wait and see!
Wouldn't mind people opinions on this one (widgey on the link below).

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Feeding/Support-Cushions/Widgey-Support-Nursing-Pillow-Blue-Spot%280028786%29?cm_mmc=Feed-_-Google%20Base-_-N%2FA-_-Widgey%20Support%20Nursing%20Pillow%20-%20Blue%20Spot

2) 2 x Feeding bras, plus 1 night sleep bra to keep breast pads in place
3) A breastfeeding apron / cover (may make one, can't decide)
4) More car park change!
5) new camera, ours is soo poo, and it belongs to my son! plus eats batteries within a day, so is always letting us down when we need it!

Last edited:
I need to buy everything. I don't know where to start......any ideas ladies???

I didn't bother with a feeding pillow, I did try with a normal pillow at the hospitals insistence just after he was born but honestly, I think it's much nicer holding him close, I didn't feel I was bonding as well when he was plopped on top of a pillow, but hey that's just me! I wouldn't waste my money though :)

I need everything apart from the pram and car seat! My in laws are buying the nursery furniture so we going shopping to get that in a couple if weeks and then I can't get anything till January! Oh I also have a breast pump and some bottles and breast pads!

I need to buy everything. I don't know where to start......any ideas ladies???

Just start by buying small things weekly when u go food shopping pick a baby shampoo up or an outfit etc... suprising how much ur stock builds up xx

Is there much difference between normal towels and 'baby' towels? I have a feeling shops can charge you twice as much if it's got the word baby on it!!
Momma kat - I got flannelette pram sheets from the boots essentials range and they are nice, plus they fit my moses basket and my crib so can do both jobs!

Anyone know where I can get a cheap room thermometer, and do I really need one? Am very skint :)
Have also got a second hand breast pump but need the silicone parts that actually go on your boob, not sure where to get them from separately though...

Becky- wall thermometer from boots my friend! Less than a fiver. X

Cheers lexi! I think I've spent more time in boots since I've been on maternity leave than when I actually worked there lol

Ohh I forgot about feeding bras! I need them too.. But I have a bath thermometre! Lol

Oh and I need to pack -my- hospital bag.. Hmph.

Last edited:
Do you still get to use your staff discount when you're on maternity Bex?

I used to love my Boots staff discount card. It was my best friend!

Yep still get my discount thank god!! And got £100 of vouchers when I left which have really come in handy! :)

I am fretting over getting the moses basket mattress as were using my DS's previous mamas & papas basket but ordered a replacement mattress from a local baby shop 3 weeks ago and the shop has been closed due to sickness. Called in this morning and she assures me it has been delivered to the lock-up and she will arrange for the driver to drop if off this evening *crosses fingers it happens*.
Woke early hours this morning and realised we need more baby towels with the hood as the ones I have left from DS have seen better days cos I use them for my hair....only cheap ones needed from the likes of B&M or Home Bargains so might drop some hints to mum.
Also need a tin of baby formula as I do plan to breastfeed initially for a week or two then transfer to combination or formula feeding as this will be easier for us.
Apart from that were all done!!

i need feeding bras but mothercare wont measure me as my bump hasnt dropped :-(

kellylou, have you tried Marks and Spencers. I used their measure service at the end of my last pregnancy and their prices were really good for maternity/feeding bras.

I havent actually they are a bit awkward to get to

they should still measure u kelly,

i got measured in debenhams really really wrong, so went to mothercare, and the lady there was fab, she also checked the stockroom for me to find any more that were on sale, gota love a bargain hunter!! lol

i got my baby towels from tesco, primark, matalan and B&M, i think, dont take my word for it tho, that the only reason they have "baby" on cos they make hood things with 1 corner, which is wear the head goes in, but as my mum keeps telling me "didint have things like that Amz in your day, n ur heads ok" yeh mum cheers for the helpful advice.

bath thermometer & room thermometer, local pound shops, and i got a tommee tippee nail, hairbrush n nose squeegy thingy from tesco, it was on offer same price as asda, but i had some of those double up vouchers so got it for free,

xxx

Haha love your mum's advice amy :)

sometimes she really doesnt get it that times have changed just slightly, lol but i guess she is right, as long as babys head doest get too cold when there hairs wet, normal towels are ok :)

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back