What do you feed you 15 month old? (or there abouts)

Krystal

Reaction score
I have posted in food part for me but for Jack I wanted to put in here.

I dunno what to give him. I've always fed him on jars for most of the time. He's definately not a fussy eater and will eat everything I give him and loves his veg.

I just don't know what to make him, I either give him jars, or those kids ready made meals or I cook veg. I want him to have a healthy upbringing and feel like a shit mam at the moment when it comes to feeding him. I find myself bunging some potatoe smileys and little pizza fingers in the oven cos I get stuck.

I've just bought some baby pasta and some sauces to try and cook him something but i'm hoping someone can help me with really simple meal ideas which are healthy. I'm not a great cook and thats why I need simple :lol:

So glad you posted this hun, I am exactly the same and get so stuck on what to give Maddison. I feel awful that she gets jars and frozen kids meals a lot but just dont know what to make her and I need it simple too :lol:

**phew* glad i'm not only one :lol:

hopefully someone will help us simple peeps soon

Ellies younger but I give her what we eat? Could you do that but alter it to suit him by giving more veg and less of what he doesnt like/ less healthy? For example if we have fried egg, chips and beans we do Ellie sliced boiled egg, a few chips, carrots & salt/sugar free beans.

How about:
Fish, potatoes, veg & cheese sauce
Pittas with seasoned chicken & salad
Cheese & crackers
Baked potato & filling
Chicken fillets
Spaghetti Bolagnaise
Shepherds Pie
Tuna & sweetcorn pasta
Cheese & Tomato on toast

Lola gets whatever we're having just in smaller portions :)

This is some of the things i normally cook every week

Beef Stew
Bangers and mash
Roast dinner
Lasanga sp?
Spaghetti Bolognaise
Salmon with baked potato and baked beans (OH's fave) :puke:
Pasta bake
Chicken curry
Chilli con carne

I've nearly always given her the same as us so she doesn't really know much different. The only thing she's not that keen on is peas :?

We give Leif anything we have, i would say in smaller portions only my oh tends to pile his plate up to almost as much as we have. I dont like giving him to many jars or toddler ready made meals cause they tend to mean his nappies are runnier than when he has our food.

Thanks girls.
happy_chick said:
Ellies younger but I give her what we eat? Could you do that but alter it to suit him by giving more veg and less of what he doesnt like/ less healthy? For example if we have fried egg, chips and beans we do Ellie sliced boiled egg, a few chips, carrots & salt/sugar free beans.

How about:
Fish, potatoes, veg & cheese sauce
Pittas with seasoned chicken & salad
Cheese & crackers
Baked potato & filling
Chicken fillets
Spaghetti Bolagnaise
Shepherds Pie
Tuna & sweetcorn pasta
Cheese & Tomato on toast

That sounds really good. Why didn't I think of that :lol: pittas! never even crossed my mind and so easy. Thanks Jo

Lola's Mummy said:
Lola gets whatever we're having just in smaller portions :)

This is some of the things i normally cook every week

Beef Stew
Bangers and mash
Roast dinner
Lasanga sp?
Spaghetti Bolognaise
Salmon with baked potato and baked beans (OH's fave) :puke:
Pasta bake
Chicken curry
Chilli con carne

I've nearly always given her the same as us so she doesn't really know much different. The only thing she's not that keen on is peas :?

Ya know your chicken curry/bolognaise/ chill con carne... do you make all that stuff fresh. Just I'm not good at cooking so although I make all that I generally do it with uncle bens/dolmio sauces but I'm never sure if Jack can have those?

Also I take it thats for tea time when you OH is home from work. I don't cook myself anything for lunch time as generally grab a sarnie. What do you do then? sandwiches and things?

Flame said:
We give Leif anything we have, i would say in smaller portions only my oh tends to pile his plate up to almost as much as we have. I dont like giving him to many jars or toddler ready made meals cause they tend to mean his nappies are runnier than when he has our food.

Jack would love same size portions :lol: he loves his grub.

I'm making spag bol tonight but useing a dolmio spicy bolognese sauce with it/// can he have it with it being a spicy one?

i wouldnt give it to him if its spicy,check the ingredients also may have too much salt/sugar :?

shall i type up some recipes for spag bol and chilli, that way you know exactly whats in it and then you can freeze upportions in advance for him :) then when you need it defrost in microwave then reheat, ive got some other recipes too if ya like honey xx

oooh nearly forgot, might be an idea to get some baby stock cubes from boots to make the meals with :hug:

xx

Maria if you wouldn't mind sending me some recipes that would be good. I have some of the stock cubes from boots already. just wasn't sure what to do with it :oops: I also have baby pasta and a few baby sauces like a creamy cheese sauce and few others too :) whats too much salt?

I have a good, quick recipe for pasta which is my standby.
Boil the pasta as normal and drain. (I just use normal pasta not baby pasta)
Add a couple of table spoons of flour and stir to coat the pasta, then put back on the stove and add about 1/2 cup of milk, gradually, stiring. This should give you a white sauce. You can adjust the consistency by adding more/less milk.
Once you have that, you can add anything in - I usually add some grated cheese or some cubes of salmon, but you could also add ham, veg, chicken etc. Instant pasta and sauce and only 1 pan to wash.

The other pasta receipe is a tomato based one - you can actually boil the pasta in the contents of a tin of chopped tomatoes (might need to add some water to it as well). Again, you can add anything to it.

Otherwise, Charlotte generally eats whatever we eat. I don't use salt anyway.Today is roast lamb with veg, tomorrow will be cous cous with the left over lamb with some veg and raisins. I also use good quality fish fingers as a standby. I have read on here someone suggesting that if you add a tin of tomatoes to a ready made sauce, it will reduce the salt content. I think children can have up to a gram, but not sure on that.

For lunch, we will generally have sandwiches, or maybe a baked potato. I make crepe style pancakes if I'm feeling extravagant - but again we eat the same thing.
Good luck!

Thanks for that :D

The pasta you suggested sounds really easy to do and I think i'm going to make it for Jack's tea.

I do try and give him what we eat but OH works till 5 and we normally have tea about 6pm which always seems a bit late for Jack so he has his at 4 then has fruit when we have our tea.

Thanks again. Some brill idea :hug:

Salmon, broccli and new pots, Lasagne, Cottage pie, chicken mash and beans, beans on toast, cod and potatoe wedges.

The list goes on. Mines all homemade now and she hasnt had jars since she was 9 months

:wave:

Yeah i make it all fresh, Although i have used jars of ragu before but just added a tin of tomatos. I don't add salt to anything when i'm cooking so it should be alright if you did this :)

At lunch time we will normally have

Sandwichs
Something on toast (scrambled eggs, Beans etc)
Toasties, Today we've had cheese toasties made in the sandwich maker. I don't but any butter on just the filling and the bread.
Soup and bread roll (She love tomato soup)

Toasties are prob her fave. I just put whatever i've got in, in them. Tuna, Cheese, Cheese and beans, Cheese and ham etc.

If i get chance i'll write you some simple recipes :)

This has been a really helpful thread. Hubby and I usually eat at around 6:30pm and Maddison has hers at 5pm but going to adjust and we are all going to eat at 5:30pm now and all eat the same things. Tonight its chicken salad :D

Alex has never been a great eater, and he HATES jar food. In fact he hasn't had jar food for months.

He eats what we eat (only in very small portions - he nibbles throughout the day more or less).

He's a funny lad, he likes spicy food like chicken tikka.
anything smothered in bbq sauce, like bb chicken, he loves.
spaghetti bolognese is another that he likes.

if you give him milder things though like egg, or mashed potato, he just doesn't like it.

peculiar child lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back