What do you feed your baby - Homemade/Bought Food?

I've always given willow homemade, never had to buy a jar or anything- my sort of "take out food" is preferably something in a skin eg banana, or alittle tub of yesterday's pasta or something...for all the time it takes to mash or chop something up, those little jars confuse me :D

we use a mixture, mainly home cooked though. We're going to Majorca and Thompson are providing jars for her foods so we want to make sure she will have them.

Imogen has all home cooked stuff. 1. because we wanted to give her it form the start 2. she LOVES it and 3. when we tried her with a jar recently (for the odd occassion when it may be needed) she hated it. That was Boots organic stuff. OH or myself usually batch cook a load of stuff and then freeze. Yesterday he made plenty of portions of the following:
PS - all food is steamed and then "mashed" with fork, we used to blend it all but LO can eat some lumps now.

*cod and sweet potato
*cod, white potato and peas
*Parsnip and potato
*Potato and courgette
*Apple, pear and plum (for dessert)

We also buy fillets of chicken and cut them into portions to freeze. We can then boil/steam when Imogen is due her dinner and then we chop up finely and add to the veggies (that were frozen...they get microwaved)

We often add whole milk and a little cheese to her lunch or dinner.

Although it seems a little bit of a kerfuffle, we have always done this (had an afternoon of batch cooking) and we find it works for us. Hopefully soon, Imogen can eat what we eat and we'll all eat together sometimes.

We will be trying new dishes for Imogen soon like chicken pasta and veg (cheese sauce), Cod in cheese sauce, tuna and pasta bake (tomato sauce) and some rice dishes (got to look up in Annabel Karmel book we have!)

Good luck with it all...tbh if Imogne had have liked the shop bought stuff we would prob give her a combination of both, but mostly homemade just using the jars for when out somewhere.... x x

I plan to only give Evie homemade stuff but thats mainly because the jars seem expensive! My mum bought some jars last week as they were on special in Tesco but I have put them to the back of the cupboard- THEY LOOK GROSS!

x

I plan on giving Phoebe mainly home made. I am not opposed to the odd jar, but I'd prefer to give her the Plum or Hipp Organic ones :)

I mostly use jars but I find that I am giving more homemade food now that he is getting older as he eats almost what we are having. xxx

i use a mixture mainly homemade when i can.

i tend to freeze a lot of stuff, if we have a roast i will freeze about 6 portions for luke, and likewise any meal i cook i always make enough to freeze plenty for him. but if we go out i take a mums own choice ready meal for easiness, and a bit of variety for luke.

I try to do mostly home made stuff but after a few occassions of my tupperwear bursting in the changing bag I do now give him Ella's Organic or Hipp organic stuff when we are out and about just because it's so much easier!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back