What do you do all day?

mablestarr

Reaction score
This may sound strange but I really didn't like being on mat leave last time. Some days I would struggle to get dressed before OH came home from work. I did go to some parent and baby clubs but didnt really enjoy them and havent kept in touch with any of the parents.

I then went back to work full time and struggled for about 6 months until I got into the routine. I've then had a good year at work, enjoying it and feeling like I was doing a good job at it.

I've now been off on mat leave for 4 weeks and Ana was born 2 weeks ago. I'm already panicing about going back to work, thinking about part time etc. But I really don't know what I'm going to do. Tomorrow OH goes back to work and I'm taking Tomos to nursery as have health visitor coming over in the morning and have a midwife appointment in the afternoon.

For the next 2 weeks Tomos will go to nursery 5 days and then from August he'll go 2 days a week. How on earth am I going to cope with 2 of them. Tomos is full on, and I think he'll take all my attention. I have hardly spent any time with him on my own as at weekends both OH and I are home.

I know I have to make an effort to go out and meet other parents in parent toddler groups. But what do you guys do, particularly those with a toddler and a little one. I have no family nearby, and my work colleagues have all said that we'll do all sort of stuff over the summer holidays but they will go back to work come september so need to have some 'friends' for after that time.

Sorry this has turned into another post of me moaning about feeling crap. xx

I only have an 8 month old but I go for walks or go shopping.

I used to go to a bf group but didn't really enjoy it so stopped going.

I did put an advert onto netmums to meet up with people in my area and now i'm really good friends with one of them and we meet every week and go to soft play or just for hot chocolate and cake. So you don't have to go to groups.

Do you know any of the Mum's who also have toddlers at nursery?

Thanks hun.

I don't know any of the mums from nursery, although there is an open afternoon there in a couple of weeks so hopefully will meet some there.

Part of me knows that aat some point I'll go back to work and if I go back full time then probably won't be able to carry on meeting with them.
xxx

Forgot to say congratulations on your new arrival. xx

Get yourself down to the nursery open day and see if there is anyone there to go to coffee with. You might find someone in the same situation as you.

xx

i only have dex, but i take him to groups and to rhyme time at the library. there are always babies, but there are also kids 2,3,4 years old. make yourself go to them cause tomos will probs just do his own thing at the groups and play with children while you can chat to other mums. everyone will want to have a wee look at your newborn so you will deffo have women come and chat to you :) plus it will tire tomos out!

My eldest is very demanding as well and I find days with the 2 of them very hard, but we still get plenty of laughs all round.

Rhyme time/bookbug sessions at the library is a great idea - its the only thing I have tried with both of them. Basically my baby just feeds the whole time and my eldest sits on my knee or just beside me and we sing along together.

I only have the one baby and we get out and about most days. We go to a group at a church nearby which is music based and they also do a little puppet show for the babies/toddlers followed by playtime to allow the mums to have a cuppa!
When were not at a group, we go out for walks, go to the park, visit family, go swimming etc. I've returned to work part time now though, so we really make the most of it on my days off xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back