What do/will your kids call their grandparents?

moss

Reaction score
I logged in to ask this and saw two other similar threads! I forced the title "Nana" on my mother because her side is always Nana, Shaun's mother is Granny because she says so. My father hasn't met Jacob :( but I assume he will be Grandpa like his father (though I'd love him to be Poppop like my mother's father), and Shaun's father died when he was a baby. She has a partner of about 20 years, but he was never even close to a father figure to him or his sisters. I guess Jacob will just call him by his first name, but that feels strange... I had to call my mother's cousins Aunt because of the age difference.

My Mum and Dad are Gran and Gramps to Maddison as thats what I call my grandparents. My hubbys parents are Nanny and Grandad as thats what he calls his grandparents :wink:

my mum and dad are mammar and grandad
husbands mum and dad are nan and grandad

I feel sorry for Dan as they all want difference names

My mum is nanny and grandpa
My dad is nanny and grandad
Oh's mum is grandma and pops
Oh's dad is nana and grandad

My mum is Nana and her partner is Badger :oops: :lol: (it's his nickname and as he is only the same age as Kev I don't think he would appreciate being called grandad :lol: )

My dad is grandad

Kev's mum and her partner will be grandma and grandad Jeff but we haven't seen them in a loooooooooooong time

Nanna and Papa (my mum and dad)

Granny Mand and grandpa Baz (OH parents)

My mum is Gran/Granny. OH's parents are Opa (Granddad) and Oma (Grandma)

my mum and dad are grandma and pops, I couldn't get my head around my dad being grandad, just doesn't seem to suit him !

My mum is Mammar or Grandma
My dad is Grandad
OH's dad is Grandad Black
And OH's mum is Nanny

Both our parents are split though. Mum doesn't have a partner to call anything. My dad is dating my auntie so no matter what i will always call her that.

Oh's parents partners are Grandad (name) and Nanny (name)

My mum is Granny Bird (Bird is my nickname for her and now Amber calls her that!!) and my Dad is Grandad.
OH's mum is Nanny Pat, & his Dad died when Amber was 10 months old.

My parents will be Oma and Opa, as that's the normal German way of calling grand parents, the blokes parents will be Grandma and Granddad. Bilingualism has its advantages.

Brian's Mum & Dad are Nana & Papa

My Dad is Grandpa and my late Mum is Grandma

we let the grandparents choose - OH's parents are nanny & grandad, and my dad is martin! :D :D

Thea calls my mam Granny and my stepdad by his first name although my mam keeps trying to get her to call him grandad which does my head in! She calls my dad Granda.
Richards parents are nana and granda John.
She also has five great grandparents, my nana and grandad which she calls nan and granda, my grandma who she calls gran. Both Richards grandads are called granda too.

my mam - granny
my dad = grandad
my MIL = nana

and my step-mother was grandma June but now my dad ad her have split up so I doubt I'll ever see her again to be honest.

My MIL: Nana (hate it but its what their family use)
FIL: grandad

My Mum: Grandma
my stepdad: Grandad alan

My grandma:great grandma in scotland
grandma IL: great Nana

At the moment we are calling both sets Nana and Grandpa and then their first name, but that is a bit of a mouthful, so we will go with whatever she starts to call them!

my mum and dad = grandma and grandad
OH's mum and dad = ammama and grandad ( ammama is grandma in Sri Lankan )

Anmar - Grandma
Andad - Grandad
:lol:

what Oli calls them :lol:

Jamie calls my parents nanny and grandad, or should that be 'nannaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay' and 'grada' :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back