WHAT DO WE ALL DO FOR A LIVING????

Hi Kels!!

I bet your daughter has a gorgeous wardrobe then,and the baby clothes and maternity wear, good job you get discount i wouldn't be able to stop buying !! :lol:

yea oh works there to he is a manager! When i 1st started i used to go over the top buying my daughter clothes but i learnt my lesson when she started full time school and was growing out of them bafore getting the chance to wear them! They are not the best company to work for (not very family friendly) although they have been good since i found out i was pregnant! The discount count is good 25% an there are perks to the job like getting 1st look of new stock an first pick of sale stock etc! Lucky us there will be a sale just after the baby is born so she will be kitted out with plenty of bits lol!

Kelly

:D Hi everyone!! I am also maybe a little late adding to this post,but like everyone have enjoyed reading about everyones chosen career.
My job is so boring - I am a postwoman.I wanted to either be a vet,Firefighter or policewoman,but didn't realise you needed 20/20 unaided vision for the fire service,and then to top it all failed the eye sight test for the police force.So I went back to Sixth form and took my A levels so I could study to be a vet.I passed my A levels,applied for my uni place,but then decided not to go through with the training as I knew that I wouldn't be able to cope emotionally,plus I have always had my own pets to look after anyway and could not bear to be apart from them. :(
I feel that now at 34 I am too old to pursue a veterinary career,so for the last eight years I have been a postie!
I am quite happy in the job,as I don't have to leave my pets alone for long and I know that I can always pop back to check on them if I need to,I am usually finished around 10.30,so then I can get everything done that I need to. :)

Wow... what fabby jobs you all have!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I was project manager in Scotland for manchester based company. Boss was a B I T C H from hell. :twisted: :twisted:

I opened a Bistro in this village when we came to South Africa.... I sold it a month before Oscar was born when a stranger walked in and made me a cash offer!!! Wooo hoooo.... I love being at home with my kids now.

Emilia xx

Just found this post :doh:

I'm now a full time mum, but before we came to Oz i worked for the police in a civillian role dealing with warrants i was also a Special Constable (same as a police officer but unpaid) as i wanted an insight into the police as it was a job i always wanted to do, it was a great experience :D

Im a beautician.

Quite a good job, many people stick their noses up at it and assume all it is is painting nails etc. But it takes 2-3 years to train and the exams/assessments are not easy thats for sure.

I do love my job and I wont have to give on it totally because I can still do clients at their houses when I get pregnant/have baby!!

hi jaidybaby,

dont let anyone turn thier noses at your job!! They are obviously unhappy in their meagre jobs!!

Hi all just thought id join in the fun, im a dental nurse and have been qualified for 5 years. Im hoping to go back to dental school after me and DH have had kids to qualify as a dental therapist, that is one below a dentist.

see ya!

Hi
I'm Livi. I am a registered childrens nurse! I get all the interesting bits of nursing without all the old people throwing stuff at you!!! Work with teenagers at the moment! Love it! In what other type of nursing could you have matress surfing competitions with the patients!!!? :moon:
:dance:

To those who turn their noses up to other peoples job....stuff em! If we all did the same job, we'd never get anywhere!

I am also a registered childrens nurse working with adolescence! not such a coicidence as liviray thou as we work together and she got me hooked on this site! as well as the wedding forum!!

we love working together getting everyone tucked up in bed early and surfing the forums!

great job but can't wait to get PG and go a bit more part time. :roll:

Hey Lis!!!!
U alright chick??!
Hope to work with you soon! :D

Off now to BD!!!

I'm a primary school teacher in England UK. I love it though it's hard work! Now I want a child of my own!

Hi
Am a health care assistant on the gastoenterology ward. I do like my job but it can get rather smelly most of the time. I work night shifts usually 3 nights a week, and would love to say ptients are all snuggled up at a reasonable hour but no one seems to sleep ever.
I am looking to go to 2 nights a week (friday and saturday) and retrain as nursery nurse during the week (my ideal job)
my partner says after we get married and we start trying for a baby were going to have to plan delivery for out of term time which makes sence i suppose :lol:
i do like this thread it is really interesting finding out what people do
Pam x

Everyones jobs sound so much better than mine!
Anyway im a travel consultant, not as good as people think, i actually hate my job!
xx

I work from home for a cash back site uploading data, email support & live support.

I also work in the evening for a UK holiday accommodation site.

An in my free time I admin a freebie forum which is owned by the people who own the holiday site who also own an incentive site (like cash back)

.... Basically my bum is plonked at the PC a lot of the time!

Not very exciting I know! I enjoy mingling though & I get to talk lot's :D

My OH has his own business (online incentives also), I don't get involved though! Infact that's how we met :angel:

Hi

wow ive missed this post as well everyone has interesting jobs. :D

i used to work at mcdonalds will be 2 year in june since i quite, because of medical issues...
Now im a stay at home house wife and i love it i wontmiss a think in Kiaras life .. well for the most part, could not be happier.
Eventually i would love ot open up a daycare though.
Katrina

at the moment I'm just a SAHM. I was in uni when I became pregnant with Lydia, and with it being a French course I was doing, it meant that I would have to live in France for a year, which is now impossible.
I thought about switching courses and doing Classics, but if I'm honest with myself it's only something I'd be settling for, not something I really WANT to do, so for the time being I'm just taking some time to spend with Lydia and hopefully when I get a BFP I'll be a SAHM to the both of them ;) Then maybe when they're a bit older I'll look into a career or perhaps uni again.

Hi all

I'm a 3rd year student nurse. I qualify this September (providing I pass my exams!). I used to work in neuro operating theatres (where they do the brain surgery) and have applied to work there again when I qualify. Would like to be a scrub nurse - thats the one who passes the instruments during operations (like on Holby City)!

My OH is a student operating theatre assistant and qualifies the same time as me and he wants to work in orthopaedic trauma theatres.

However, desperately TTC so not sure how a job/career will pan out with a new baby!

Alice x

well i work in mothercare part time am a trained car seat fitter but just work on the till now as can not do car seats with me bump (lol) will not be going back when my little girl is born (and i can not wait)

tracy

The IT jobs do sound good lol

I'm a Team Leader for Next and look after about 70 staff when the supervisor's are away and love my job. My oh is a Pcso

Kelly S.....i see you also work for Next, sorry to hear your views on them, it must be the place and people you work with, as where i am (warehouse) we have alsorts of different shifts so that staff can have kids and have a job that fits in with them if they want to come back

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back