What a wash out (budge how do you do it?)

skairdykat

Reaction score
We were meant to be camping in the Lake District till Sunday but cut it short.
It was like Glastonbury without the music :roll:
The 1st pitch we were given was just a big mud puddle so we asked to be moved, the 2nd on was a bit better but by the time we'd finished putting up the tent it was even muddier than it was to start with.
Our shoes and clothes were caked in mud by this point. I hadn't got any wellies so had to buy some from the site shop (they must be doing a roaring trade on them lol). Oh and the tent didn't have a ground sheet (thought it had but it didn't)
Lit the BBQ then it started to piss down so couldn't eat anything, ended up going to the local supermarket and having some pies.
Then during the night (a totally sleepless one for me btw)our Ebay cheapie tent had leaked (our 1st time camping if you haven't already guessed lol) so 1st thing Tuesday had to go into Kesick and buy a new one (got a lovely big one from Millets for £129 in the sale). Had a Big Mac meal for brekkie.
Then had to take everything out of the leaky tent while we ripped it down and put the new one up. By this time it was about 5pm.
Decided to get something from the site chippy for tea and go to the club for a bit. So spent ages digging all our clothes out of the suitcases in the car and trudged across the fields to the shower blocks. Lovely hot shower though and the club was good. The chippy though was a bit crap - chips were not bad but the fish wasn't fresh but a frozen one from Farmfoods I think :roll:
Anyhow after another sleepless night and realising that it was going to keep raining for the forseeable future we decided to pack up and come home on Wednesday am. We were only gone for 2 days but it has taken the last 3 toget the mud off everything lol.
I would go away in a tent again but wouldn't pre-book it next time but just turn up when the weather is good.

And all I could think was Budge - how do you do it?!?!?

Im so sorry but cant help laughing at your ordeal.......... :lol:

My father lives in the Lake District (in fact Im heading up there on Mon), and it nearly always rains!!!

Whereabouts did you go??

We are laughing now too :rotfl:
It's funny because when we left it was raining but as soon as we got to round about Blackpool it was sunny :doh:
Keep checking the weather there and it's still raining so think we made the right decision to come home lol.

We were at Penrith.
This site http://www.parkfootullswater.co.uk/
It was a nice site and would have been lovely if it hadn't been for the weather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back