what do contractions actually feel like??

littlesmoosh

Reaction score
i have so many aches and pains all the time ( have done for half my pregnancy) that im scared that when the contractions actually begin that i might just mistake them for 'aches n pains' lol. whats your experience of contractions?! x

when i went in labour with my dd i never felt the contractions i mistook them for aches the only reason i knew i was in labour was that my waters broke,went hospital straight away midwife told me she would examine me but expect to go home well she had a shock because i was already 3cm and never felt anything severe just a few aches but pass an hour later and i defo knew what a contraction was!! they effin kill !!
also i had my dd within 4 hours so quite fast for 1st round :)

I knew I was having proper contractions when I couldn,t sit down, when I was checked I was 5 cm,s the first time and 6cm,s the next time. They feel like bad period pains to me.

Last edited:
Period pains with tightenings in the bump. I felt them more at the base of my bump. Mine weren't bad until I was over 7cm and my waters had broken.

I had back labour and I didnt realise that I was having contractions (was induced so obv knew I was having them then but had been having them for a few days prior too) to me they just felt like a back ache to start with but dunno what normal contractions are like!!
xxx

I had back ache and strong period type pains x

aaah see i always have backache and period type pains haha! im constantly nipping to the loo to check for the plug and show!! i reckon my braxton hicks must just be pretty bad ones!! x

I didn't have a show either time :dohh: not that I noticed anyway!!!

I lost my show when my waters broke (was all a bit minging really!!) I realised that my contractions had become proper contractions when I needed to stop talking during one!!
xxxx

I woke up with an ache like a period and when the proper ones started I knew what they were....

I lost my show when my waters broke (was all a bit minging really!!) I realised that my contractions had become proper contractions when I needed to stop talking during one!!
xxxx

This rings true as well lol....

you will know dont worry ! :) Bst is is what was said already when you need to stop talking during one thats when they're contractions :)

Sorry to jump in, so do the contractions usually hurt across the whole of ur bump or just low down like period pains? I was getting period like cramps on and off last night and wondered if it was the start of something, but totally fine this morning :( xx

xxxx

That's how I found them. Not hugely painful to start with but all I could do was contract, all talking, walking etc had to stop!

Sorry to jump in, so do the contractions usually hurt across the whole of ur bump or just low down like period pains? I was getting period like cramps on and off last night and wondered if it was the start of something, but totally fine this morning :( xx

It depends I think, they prob are braxton hicks. You will get a lot of aches and pains that you think cud be the start of things in the last few weeks you just need to keep an eye on them if they get very regular and more intense then you might be starting something!! As I said I had back labour so not really sure what a normal contraction wud feel like!!
xxx

When my waters broke i had a dull back ache and period pains and what i thought were braxton hicks. Its only when they got stronger i was able to differenciate them, you will definately know x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back