What did you do......

angiemum2b

Reaction score
the day before you gave birth ?

Was you relaxing or cleaning, shopping ? :think:
People say you nest when it's time but I'm not sure whether this is true and just wondered how many of you was aware that the day after you was going to have your lil bundle ? :dance:

I'm not sure whether this should be here or somewhere else.
Sorry if I've duplicated it :roll:

Well my labour lasted 3 days so the day before I gave birth I was having contractions and basically being a right cow. Tjhe day before labour started though was christmas eve. I scrubbed my house from top to bottom which I thought was becasue it was christmas the next day but now I know it was some major nesting.

i never thought therewas such thing as nesting but the day i had harley i scrubbed my house top to bottom even cleaned my cooker :shock:

but with Dior i was laying on the sofa all day beforei gave birth????

I went shopping and scrubbed my house from top to bottom :D

Cleaned your 'cocker' Dionne?? :lol: :wink: lol

would you say there was any other signs of labor apart from the technical stuff...... mucus plug , waters ect ? ?

I just don't know when this lil one is coming and wondered if anything I was doing some of the stuff you ladies have done ? :think:

For example Today I'm cleaning but I could just leave everything and go and sit on seatee or rest of day. :roll:

hope Dionne is referring to her spaniel lol :D

I didn't want to go far from home. It was such a weird feeling.

I don't want to go too far, I keep telling my sisters I can't go shopping and stuff cause I want to stay in as I'm closest to the hospital!!! :roll:

i just thought It was me being paranoid, and being grumpy. :roll:

i also Feel like i've got a dodgy stomach and can't go far from loo (TMI) sorry ladies :oops:

I was living with my parents at the time, the day before I was due to go into hospital to be induced I was cleaning my bedroom and getting the moses basket ready etc and my mum was taking pics of me before birth and then one after birth :? ...and no ur cant see them coz there awful lol

xxx

violet-glow said:
I was living with my parents at the time, the day before I was due to go into hospital to be induced I was cleaning my bedroom and getting the moses basket ready etc and my mum was taking pics of me before birth and then one after birth :? ...and no ur cant see them coz there awful lol

xxx

God, I bet you your photos aren't as bad as mine Violet-glow, my DH took a photo of me in the delivery suite, i'd hitched up my nightie so we could see my bump better, not thinking about my disposable knickers & sanitary towel on show - not one for the mantel piece I can tell you - also hubby took one while I was having a contraction - nice! - and one when Jamie was 3 mins old & i'm crying - bl**dy awful!-

I had a major clean about a week before but as I knew I was going into hospital to be induced the day before I paced around the house pooping myself (not literally :lol: )

beanie said:
I didn't want to go far from home. It was such a weird feeling.

same here! i didn't want to see ANYONE either. I was cleaning constantly before that.

lol nicki ...okay maybe there not that bad hehe. But I bet you treasure those pics.
Just make sure OH doesnt use them as blackmail :? lol

xx

I had no idea I would go into labour as I was 3 weeks early but one thing was weird, I must have known deep down because OH was working and I was looking after his 10 yr old son but I asked my mum to have him, I just didn't feel I could look after him for some reason :?

I was cleaning and generally making sure I had everything ready.

For the most of my pregnancy I was convinced I would go over due....But on the Friday before I had my son I said to my hubby I was having him by Monday at the latest (I had him Sunday). My bump
other-pregnant.gif
dropped really low the week before he was due, then I had back ache (like I get when AF is due) and the runs from the Thursday right through to when Ky was born. - I think you have a sixth sense for when you are going to go into labour - You just don't believe it!

Kim said:
I went shopping and scrubbed my house from top to bottom :D

Cleaned your 'cocker' Dionne?? :lol: :wink: lol

hahahaha stop picking on me :cry:

i didnt listen much in school :roll:

Unfortunately I was cheated of all that, because I was on bedrest, more or less from about 25 weeks. I WANTED to do it, I was fed up looking at what needed doing, but I couldn't lift a finger!

SO the day before I gave birth, I was in hospital - as I had been on and off for weeks. I remember I took a walk downstairs alright!
:lol:
Sue

i had already scrubbed the house to death! had my sweep on friday so planned to clean again get the ironing done and fill the freezer on sat in preperation for being induced sunday but they decided to induce me sat so never got it all done :(

I had a false labour on 23rd December in the middle of the night and I got up and started cleaning. It finished by 6am Xmas eve though. Then I had to prepare a party tea for the inlaws and family and I was knackered, puffy and peed off ;) On Xmas Day I started getting AF pains around 12, had dicky tum and a proper show but still didn't believe I was in labour til right near the end! But before I did get labour pains I couldn't bend over as Ella was so low down.

oh god i sat at home all day! then at 3 walked to meet my mum from work (about1.5 miles :shock: ) then went to tesco for a big shop brought all the obvious to bring on labour then went home took the obvious went to bed woke up n was in labour :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back