What counts as day 1?

rene70

Reaction score
hi girls
was wondering what counts as day 1 of AF because thinking maybe im timing ov wrong or something , i dont do charting i just cant get my head around it... ive done ov kits a cpl of times but last month was a disaster :wall: i do cm test every month, but a cpl of wks ago when i was at the fertility clinic the sister said best time for ov was between day 14 - 16 of cycle i didnt think about it till AF was due and wondered what counted as day 1 coz i spotted on monday,spotted yesterday and in full flow today, so was monday day 1 or today in full flow day 1 ????

thanks and babydust to all x

Hey good question rene i've also been wondering the exact same thing as i came on, May 26th but i was spotting for 2/3 days before hand it makes it difficult to work out your ovulation calendar as i have marked it in the calendar as the the 26th not the 24th.... any ideas anyone..

xx

hopefulk8 said:
Hey good question rene i've also been wondering the exact same thing as i came on, May 26th but i was spotting for 2/3 days before hand it makes it difficult to work out your ovulation calendar as i have marked it in the calendar as the the 26th not the 24th.... any ideas anyone..

xx

:wave: Day 1 is full flow so if you was spotting 2/3 days before then day 1 will be on the 26th...I hope that makes sense :think:

thanks for your replies ladies, will count Wed as day 1 this month because it was first day of full flow and work it out from there as to when ill ov and hopefully we will be successfull in july :pray: :pray: i cant believe ive been counting it wrong though... :oops:

well I always thought it was from the day your full flow started until I saw my doctor the other week....he's doing some blood tests on day 21 of my cycle as I've been having some problems and I explained I had spotted for 3 days but he said to count the first day of spotting as day 1. Very confusing!

:think: hmmm ok now im so confused, going to have to look it up on the net i think...will let you know what i find x

A&J said:
hopefulk8 said:

xx

:wave: Day 1 is full flow so if you was spotting 2/3 days before then day 1 will be on the 26th...I hope that makes sense :think:

I didn't know what, I assumed as soon as it appeared it was day 1

Sal88 said:
well I always thought it was from the day your full flow started until I saw my doctor the other week....he's doing some blood tests on day 21 of my cycle as I've been having some problems and I explained I had spotted for 3 days but he said to count the first day of spotting as day 1. Very confusing!

Well, I suppose as soon as it spots, the process has begun :think:

I am now totally confused I always thought day 1 was full flow, and when you put spotting into fertility friend it does not start cd1 it only starts a new cycle when you put in light flow, etc :think: :think:

I am confused by this too! The nurses and my consultant said you count Day1 when you're in full flow and need to use something but sometimes when I'm spotting I need to use something but wouldn't count it as a full flow :think: :think: :think:

You only start a CBFM on the morning of full flow day as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back