what could this sensation be?

new mrs G!

Reaction score
Hi ladies! Not been on here for a while! Just a quick question...

I normally get slight stomach ache most nights ( which i hear is quite normal and im ok with that) but last night sex really was uncomfortable and ive been having a sensation almost as though i think ive got a water infection which i know are common. ive had no pain going to the toilet though, but just this uncomfortable sensation near my bladder ( def not my tummy, its a lot lower). Ive had a UTI years ago but actually going to the toilet doesnt hurt. The pain can spread to my back sometimes though too and its just uncomfortable. Im def not going to do any bedroom exercise for awhile cuz it really wasnt pleasant :( it started mostly lastnight, but hasnt been unbearable by any means.

im 10 weeks tomororrow ( just got scan date through!)and just wondered whether anyones had a UTI before and if that lower pain has been experienced by any of you guys before?
Its def different to tummy ache and not agonizing, just annoying and i realise its important to get things treated sooner rather than later! its a hard sensation to describe to be honest! god dam it!

Take care

xxx

Hi there,

I'm a bit ashamed to say it but I've told DH no bd until the scan because I've read that people with a history of mc are told not to bd until after 12 weeks. As I have not been pregnant before I don't know if I am prone to miscarrying and just don't want to take any risks. DH understands and is being very good about us finding other ways to be intimate during this time.

I have heard of that sensation you are describing before from friends and I think it is quite normal but as you say, not pleasant.

hope you feel better soon Mrs G.

We had no bedroon action for a week after I found out I was pregnant, then stupidly did have one night of action and then I had spotting the next day and it didn't recover till about 4/5 days later. All seems well now a few weeks later and no more spotting, still it does make you wonder what got jigged about! (TMI)!!

Now we have agreed to lie low for a while in that dept till next trimester, just in case!

Hi Mrs G, I too am 10 weeks today!! I had exactly the same as you last week, no pain going to the loo but just a general feeling of discomfort that I knew was related to my bladder, not like the cramping pains I've had and have been told are my uterus stretching. I went to the doctor with a urine sample and was given anitbiotics as the doctor tested the sample and picked up a water infection. Apparently it is VERY common but you need to get it sorted sooner rather than later as my doctor said if it progresses without being treated it can be fatal for the baby. So go see your doc with a sample!! After a 5 day course of anitbiotics I am now back to normal, sure that is what you are experiencing. x

Last edited:
Hi there,

I'm a bit ashamed to say it but I've told DH no bd until the scan because I've read that people with a history of mc are told not to bd until after 12 weeks. As I have not been pregnant before I don't know if I am prone to miscarrying and just don't want to take any risks. DH understands and is being very good about us finding other ways to be intimate during this time.

Like you,Annie, my OH and I aren't having sex until 12wk scan so don't be ashamed!

I haven't experienced pain like you have and though I'm sure it's normal, I'd advise you to go to gp just to be certain! Congrats and good luck

Hii! I didn't stop sleeping with my boyfriend when I found out I was pregnant and I havn't experienced a pain like this or spotting, but after an orgasm I do get a slight cramp which is apparently completely normal, maybe what you're feeling is a more severe thing like this?

Hi, i had slight pains after sexing the OH in my first tri, lol.

Mine was fine :)

Some women can be more sensitive there than others to me it just sounds like just that ...with your other concerns it wouldn't harm to go and see your GP and take a sample with you for testing. Always better to ease your concerns and get checked.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back