What cars have you got?

weve got a VW Bora and theres enough room...i like it because its a mixture beetween a golf and a passat really :D

But im looking to get maybe a 306 or similar soon i think 8)

i have a 3 door citreon c4 - it does get to be a real pain when you have to climb in the back with car seat...but on the positive side as Amber gets older there are no locks to mess with or doors to open so i see it as a safer option plus lots more space.

\my mum does have a corsa and i do have to say it is 100% easier than my car!!!

We have a VW Golf hatchback and a Peugeot 406 estate. The Golf is going soon as its too small and only 3 door. We then plan to get a Renault Scenic as it has higher seats all round so no bending down to battle with car seats, a decent boot space and you can remove back seats randomly so have different back seating arrangements. We are keeping the estate as we have dogs and chickens and other animals. Plus we live rural and throw in wellies, waterproofs and goodness knows what else in there :lol:

I think you need to make a list of your needs and wants where a new car is concerned.

For example -

Do you hope to have more than one child in the next few years? If you are rural village living and need to travel to school etc, will you possibly be sharing school runs with other mums and therefore need to have room for extra car seats possibly? A people carrier is all well and good, but if you won't use the 2 extra seats, I'd not worry much. If you hope for another child then 2 large car seats is the max in the back seat. So friends kids would be a non starter in a 5 seater. Until they were older and on booster seats.

Do you have pets, dogs? If so an estate is a good idea as trying to fit dog, shopping and buggy into small boots is never nice.

Do you use your car for holidays or long distance travel or is it going to be local only?

Safety factors for your LO and yourselves. Many newer cars come with rear seat airbags/side airbags etc so you need to research if this is safe with baby carriers etc.

I'd say chances are a decent 5 door car, with a decent size bootspace would be fine. You need to go to showrooms to check them out, test drive and find what works for you. I'd not go for any sporty or flashier models as kids do make a mess and things like leather seats are not nice to clean vomit off of :puke: :roll:

We have a Nissan Primera GT and it is ace, we can fit shopping, 3 kids, a dog (greyhound) and a Phil and Teds double buggy in it. The boot is huge!! I love it!

Hi,

I currently have a BMW Convertible which is 2 door so it's impossible for me to get out and about with my LO. I've now ordered a 5 door Golf which has just been delivered today so I'm looking forward to getting the baby seat in.

My OH is mad on cars so I left him to it, it was either a Golf or an Audi A3. He got me a good deal though.

I have an ikle Nissan Micra... :) Its way too small for my growing family... but a Nissan Note is way to expensive for my diminishing budget... :rotfl: :rotfl:

When we found out I was pregnant, we sold both our cars (Peugeot 206 and Chrysler Neon) and bought an 04 plate Peugeot 307 SW. We love it. It's big and came with 5 seats but we bought the extra 2 and upgraded to a 7 seater. We fold the back 2 down most of the time so we have a massive boot :)

We have a Citroen Picasso and it's great for fitting in all the stuff we need but even so, the seat belt was a bit tight fitting around the car seat.

i used to have a passat, boot was huge, ive never seen a bigger boot! it was very roomy and a smooth ride, so i would reccoment a passat

i now have an e46 bmw 4door, boot isnt as big as the passat but big enough for the pram so its all good 8)

OH has a Volvo S40, boot space and cabin space fine 8)

when purchasing our present cars we did check boot space etc as we were TTC so cars are baby friendly :D

we have a lovely big VW sharan...7 seats, but u can take some out and have mahhooosssive boot. Has 2 automatic child boosters...lush to drive as its a tdi 2.0 sport. nice.

We have an Audi A4, a bit expensive but loads of room inside and the boot is huuuuuuuge!! No worries about fitting a pushchair in there! Plus most car seats we looked at were compatible so no problems finding one to fit!

happy_chick said:
We have a Civic Sport, not very practical though with baby so its due to go up for sale at moment :)

oo i'l have it :D

ive got clio sports not big enough :x

we had a Renault modus,

lovely to drive but had the boot capacity of a carrier bag....

we changed it a few months ago to a Ford Fusion, it's like a mini estate boot wise but is about the same size as a family car to drive.

we have a peugeot 207 (3 door), as we use the base for the car seat, its no problem getting the car seat in and out, although i tend to get in the car to clip it in!

one of us will sit in the back with Tim when we go out as a family, and there's plenty of space for either of us!

I have just sold my car cos it was too small for a baby :cry: :cry:

It was a Peogeot 206 CC

peaguet.jpg

We still have our other car whcih is a Mazda 3 but looking to replace next year

mazda.jpg

we have an Audi A4 and a Mazda 6, both have big boots, but the mazda is so much better cos it is a hatch back so it is easier to get stuff into AND the seats fold down (we just got a wardrobe from Ikea in the boot!)

We bought the Mazda once i was pregnant and looked at so many cars, i would def recommend a big hatchback if you want lots of space e.g. for holidays etc.

At the minute i have a bright yellow VW beetle called Bella and OH has a pickup truck

I think i am going to have to get rid of the beetle as it is 3 door and the boot is a funny shape gutted :cry: :cry:

OH reckons i could get away with it until LO needs to be front facing as i could have LO in the front with me and drop the back seats and then use it as one big boot but as the rear seat doesnt split i couldnt have anyone else in the car if as i dont think the pram will fit in the boot

:wall: :wall:

Well I have a ford ka2 in blue and my partner has a corsa diesel in blue. Mine is 3 doors, his is 5, so the corsa is our family car which is surprisingly roomy!

I was driving a vw polo saloon (Like a vw bora) which was huge and you could live in the boot but it had a little accident with a lorry!!! :| :shock: oops!

We are looking at changing at least one of our cars, probably mine, to an old Mercedes diesel (pre 1990's) or a mitsibushi delica starwagon!!!! :D

Both are diesel so cheap to run but the delica would be great for camping as well as for the family!!!

we also have an american corvette in the garage but it doesn't run at the moment and only has 2 front seats :rotfl:

i've got a classic mini :shock: but am quite used to going away camping in it etc, so am very good at packing a car. Bubs wont go in there until 6 months and i'll need to change the seats but hopefully they'll have lots of happy fun memories of it.

Also got a 64 bug with no rear seatbelts, which will require a wee bit of modding and currently an impreza estate. We're getting shot of the preza and two other minis we own and am getting a mid sized hatchback...i know there are bits and pieces to take with us but babies are quite small really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back