seatbelt extender with a car seat? Help please :(

scaredbuthappy

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can use a seatbelt extender with a baby car seat? Some websites say you can and others say not suitable.
Theres one on ebay and it says ideal for use with baby seats. Im confused i really need one as we are having so many problems putting our car seat in , its such a tight fit and it wont even fit in the back at all as the seatbelts are too short and plus we only have a 3 door car!! an extender would solve our problem but obviously if its not suitable then dont know what else to do but get another car seat although money wise its not very ideal so dont think that will be an option right now :(
Anyone have any advice or any other solution to make a seatbelt longer if we cant use an extender? It doesnt need to be a huge amount longer just a bit! There must be another way than getting another car seat. Please help anyone this is really worrying me. Thankyou.

could you not get another seatbelt? somewhere like halfords might do that maybe?

Certain makes of car seats you can buy the bases for. We have the same problem so i got a Graco one. That way you can strap the base in, and leave it there. Makes my life a thousand times easier. No climbing around in the car everytime you put baby in/out.

We have the same problem. I have a Maxi Cosi Cabrio and out rear selt belts are literally about an inch too short :x
I've bought an extender, because we cant fit the isofix bases in our car either. Im waiting for it to arrive.
From What I've read, as long as the bulky clip bits of the seat belt dont rest on the car seat, then they're ok.

I asked Halfords about seat belts and they said they cant help! :x

Right this is a difficult one.

We have this problem. It is possible to get another seatbelt that is longer. Try Euro car parts, they have universal seatbelts. Unfortunately we found it wouldn't fit in our make of car after dismantling the whole bloody thing as there is a pendulum in it which has to be at a precise angle (if the car flips it will lock and hold you in).

http://www.securon.co.uk/

Choose the seat belt that you think is best suited for you and order it through Euro car parts.

We chose the most suitable one for our car (Daewoo) but didn't work :( .

Inkpen, let us know how you get on with the seat belt extender as we still haven't decided if we are going to buy another seat or put baby in the front which I really don't want to do.

It is illegal to use a seat belt extender with a baby car seat.

I wanted to know as I cant have Luke in the front with me as the belt is too short and checked in Kiddicare last week and the Jane rep was there and he said absolutely not as did the main car seat dude :(

inkpen said:
We have the same problem. I have a Maxi Cosi Cabrio and out rear selt belts are literally about an inch too short :x
I've bought an extender, because we cant fit the isofix bases in our car either. Im waiting for it to arrive.
From What I've read, as long as the bulky clip bits of the seat belt dont rest on the car seat, then they're ok.

I asked Halfords about seat belts and they said they cant help! :x

Can you get the Easyfix Base? Thats what I have for my maxi cosi as again the seat belt was too short in my car (perfect in hubbys just mine it was too short). I bought it from Kiddiecare for £54.99.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back