5 seater car?

Small Flower

Reaction score
Hey mums,

I'm very reluctantly going to have to change my beloved car :( I have an old style mini - which I LOVE!! But as I'm pregnant now, and with 2 step kids, I'm gonna need a 5 seater car.

So far I can only think of a peugeot 307 or a ford focus, but the styling is a far cry from my classic mini!

What other cars can you recommend - something with a bit of style would be nice!

Thanks lovies!

not sure it really suits your style request, but i've got an 03 mercedes a-class that i've fallen head over heels with. its sooo nice to drive, especially on motorways, and i love feeling high up. it's also really spacious inside...

I don't think there is much to compare to an older Mini.

Conside your insurance group of any car you buy, plus the road tax group it falls in to.

I'd maybe consider one of the new VW Beetles as they are retro looking. Not sure about safety ratings however.

We have a VW Golf and a Peugeot 406 estate but are looking to something like a Mazda 5 at the end of the year. Our Peugeot is good as it has loads of room, big boot and all the seat belts are 3 point ones, but we want something that will be more practical for us and children. The Mazda has sliding rear doors and a few other things we like.

Japanese cars have good reliability and safety ratings also as a rule. The boring Honda Civic comes out well in both.

Sherlock said:
I'd maybe consider one of the new VW Beetles as they are retro looking. Not sure about safety ratings however.

I thought of that - but they've only got 2 seats in the back.

i have got a citreon picasso prob not trendy to look at but sooo comfy and easy to use with kids

I drive a Renult Scenic and it is very handy to fit us all (inc the new addition to come..) in

We have a Honda Jazz which is an excellent car and plenty of room in it.

Thanks for all your replies!

purple13 said:
not sure it really suits your style request, but i've got an 03 mercedes a-class that i've fallen head over heels with. its sooo nice to drive, especially on motorways, and i love feeling high up. it's also really spacious inside...

I've had a look at these and it appears that in the back the middle seat is only a lap belt - and not a very wide seat?

Can anyone confirm this, as I'm wondering if this is only on later models?

Thanks!

idk much about cars, but we got a vauxhall astra 04

Small Flower said:
Thanks for all your replies!

purple13 said:

I've had a look at these and it appears that in the back the middle seat is only a lap belt - and not a very wide seat?

Can anyone confirm this, as I'm wondering if this is only on later models?

Thanks!

ours has got a 3 point belt in the middle and it fits 3 adults in the back most comfortably :) you'd probably have to go and look in a showroom to see if it would suit. i just really like it cos it can't decide whether its a big car or a small car - its nimble in town and car parks, with a pretty decent boot for golf clubs/cricket kit (and pram when this one arrives!) but take it on motorways/duel carriageways and it cruises at higher speeds :D

Small Flower said:
Hey mums,

I'm very reluctantly going to have to change my beloved car :( I have an old style mini - which I LOVE!! But as I'm pregnant now, and with 2 step kids, I'm gonna need a 5 seater car.

So far I can only think of a peugeot 307 or a ford focus, but the styling is a far cry from my classic mini!

What other cars can you recommend - something with a bit of style would be nice!

Thanks lovies!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I'm keeping mine! even if its for my fun only! although i'm selling the other two

Make sure you get something that handles well as you'll be used to chucking the mini round the corners, i've also got an impreza estate, plenty of room, 3 seatbelts in rear and a huge boot. Fun to drive aslo!

2133159510040512924S500x500Q85.jpg

Make sure you get a good price too, minis are real classics now!

We have the Peugeot 307SW and I thoroughly recommend it. I went from my little 206 to it when we found out about being pregnant and have to admit that I LOVE it! I wouldn't swap it! :D

What about the new mini? Not sure if you like them but we have had 2 and they are fantastic cars. I know they are supposed to be 2 seats in the back but there is loads of room and we had 3 adults in the back of ours more than once. Plus you can change the seating in the back on certain models to have 3 designated spaces instead of 2.

sparky said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I'm keeping mine! even if its for my fun only! although i'm selling the other two

Make sure you get something that handles well as you'll be used to chucking the mini round the corners, i've also got an impreza estate, plenty of room, 3 seatbelts in rear and a huge boot. Fun to drive aslo!

2133159510040512924S500x500Q85.jpg

Make sure you get a good price too, minis are real classics now!

Lol - I know am gutted, I love my mini soooo much, but we haven't the room to keep 3 x cars! I wish I didn't but with the safety issues as well as fitting 5 peeps in - its just not gonna happen.

It'll be a sad day when I let my minbin go :(

lisa282 said:
What about the new mini? Not sure if you like them but we have had 2 and they are fantastic cars. I know they are supposed to be 2 seats in the back but there is loads of room and we had 3 adults in the back of ours more than once. Plus you can change the seating in the back on certain models to have 3 designated spaces instead of 2.

I thought they were only 2 seats in the back? I defo need a 5 seater car

Small Flower said:
Sherlock said:

I thought of that - but they've only got 2 seats in the back.

Plus you cant fit a pram in the boot.

I got a ford focus and my Jane pram only just fits in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back