What bedding do I need?

CharlieC

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm besotted by the lovely bedding sets available but am wondering if I'm just wasting my money, our baby is due July 16 and will spend three months in the moses basket, however when it comes to moving into her cotbed it'll be October - do I need all the quilts etc or do I just put her down on a sheet whilst she's in her sleeping bag, or do you just use the quilts etc to dress the cots whilst she's not in it?

First time mum.. so confused! :oops:

Don't use duvets etc till 1 year plus. Not advised.

Sheets and if using a sleeping bag that's all you'll need (with sleepsuit and vest on etc). You can use a proper cot blanket if need be if LO is chilly, but a 2.5 tog in winter with the room at a decent baby temp should be fine.

I'd save your pennies and not buy the bedding sets until much later on and you actually need them. I don't see much point in dressing a cot with stuff that won't get used, but its personal choice. Its more work for you is the way I see it. We got given a sleeping bag that is for 18 months upwards and will use it for as long as our LO will stay in it. Much easier than faffing with duvets and bedding tbh.

TBH when I had my first, I decorate his room with winnie the pooh and put the quilt and bumper on the cot to look good while he slept in his crib, the minute he was in his cot, the quilt got put in the top of the wardrobe and didnt come out again!!
I really dont recommend getting any quilts etc until you will use them as sherlock said! At around 12-18 months!

I have a gro-bag for when baby is a bit older and I have cellular blankets for using when baby is little. I am due in May so don't want to sue anything more than blankets (IF we have the weather we had last year)

Jenna was in moses basket for first 12 weeks. Room temp was 22 degrees. She wore vest, babygrow & swaddling (by Grobag)
After that, she was in her cot. Room temp 22 degrees, vest, babygrow, 1tog grobag

We bought 2 cot blankets which we have never used, and 2 moses basket blankets which we used in her pram over her snow suit if it was v cold outside. We didn't buy any sheets at all - just fitted ones for the cot & m/basket

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back