• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What are the signs of ectopic?

im not sure hun but i am sure everything will be ok xx

I had this pain too at the beginning of my pregnancy... quite severe sometimes, and always in my right side, where I imagine my ovary to be...

however, I am now 10 weeks pregnant and the pain seems to have gone almost completely.

I put it down to growing pains int he first few weeks...

Don't worry too much, relax and enjoy.

Good luck

Angela xx

Im sure this will be your body adjusting to being pregnant, things are changing a whole lot!

I would mention it to your doc though as im sure that would help put your mind at rest.

Jo x

Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

I had an ectopic pregnancy removed on 17th February. I didnt really have any pain at all and had been bleeding for 2 weeks before.

Im sure everything will be fine and the pains you are experiencing are probably normal pregnancy pains. But maybe you should see your doctor just to set your mind at rest.

Wishing you all the best! :hug:

like the others have said i would just speak to your m/w or doc just to put your mind at rest hun, hope your ok and look after yourself :hug: :hug:

:wave: welcome, I hope your are fine sweetie, Many people have pains , baby settling in for the long haul, and many turn out just to be constipation, Very common in early pregnancy, however like tracey said, go get a check up anyway..can't do any harm, :hug: good luck doll, keep us posted, lv Yvonne xx :hug:

Hi

I also had similar pains to this early on and had a lot of wind. I was worried about ectopic like you as it was on one side but it has passed and all is well.. If you are worried though do check it out with your GP

xx

Hi sweetheart I've also suffered ectopic pregnancy and first thing I can tell you is if your 8 weeks pregnant then the chance of this being ectopic is VERY VERY remote as by this time you would be in serious pain and may even have been hospitalised due to a ruptured tube. I had terrible pain at the beginning of my pregnancy with Rowan and I thought it was pretty much over, was even hospitalised but everything was fine, I think pain in one side or the other is quite common, it could even be your tendons loosening up in rediness to carry bambino so chin up and congratulations xxxxxxxxx

First off, congratulations!

From what I can understand (and I'm not a doctor), the pain during early pregnancy is normally on the side where you ovulated from... Apparently this side then acts as some kind of hormonal release which helps to keep the pregnancy healthy..

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Paul

I agree with Paul.

I went to see my doctor about this pain when i was pg with Duncan, he said its the ovary that the egg came from giving the pain out.

So there u go - mind at rest now enjoy ;) xx

Hello
I have a blocked left tube so I was paranoid about ectopic and at 5 and half weeks they did a scan and babe was there planted perfectly, I got lots of twinges and twangs, an early scan would put your mind at rest, the pregnancy assessent unti near me was great about scans so you could go as and when you felt worried, unfortunatley I went 3 times and baby was fine re not ectopic but I don't think I was producing enogh hormones to keep baby alive so I did miscarry but at 8 weeks you are looking good and does not seem as if ectopic could go that long, chat with your doc for reassurance and the scans are very reassuring
thanks
Gemma xx

Hi,

when I had my last miscarriage, the doctor thought there might be a small risk of me having an ectopic, even though they couldn't see anything on an internal scan, because I still had hcg and pregnancy symptoms,a week after miscarriage. She said the sign of an ectopic is a sharp pain on the left shoulder tip, and they told me to come straight in if I experienced such a pain. Thankfully I didn't get such a pain and HCG went back to normal after 7 weeks.

As everyone has said you do get aches and pains early on but if you are concerned it's much better to get it checked out than worry yourself about it. I thnk you would probably be bleeding along with the pain if there was a problem so try not to worry and speak to your midwife if you are concerned.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back