What are people eating to stop the horrible heartburn / sickness feeling?

kat86

Reaction score
Hello, I really struggled when pregnant with my son to stop the heartburn and sickness feeling.... it constantly made me feel like i needed food!
I am getting this again and I was just wondering if anyone knew of any healthy-ish savoury snacks that I could eat (a lot of) during the day to help? xxx

marmite and toast is the only thing that I can manage at the moment...sorry that's probably not much help!! x

lol, thanks hun. salad and boiled eggs for tea for me..... craving eggs so much. Very strange! but all day all ive wanted is carbs - sandwich and crisps and crackers! not great lol xxx

I've craved pancakes today and my OH has just made me some. We had to go to the shop to get some ingredients and I couldn't find maple syrup only golden syrup. Just as I had accepted I would have to have golden syrup I found some maple syrup and I was so happy I nearly cried! My OH was cracking up he said it was like I had a winning lottery ticket. Am now stuffed but very content, they were very good pancakes! xxx

I'm strutting with my appetite. I was sick just once when I was overly hungry but now I just can't stomach anything. Fruit is fine for me- all kinds so that's good at least. Last night I really enjoyed plan pasta with butter and salt and pepper. Struggle with everything!! So frustrating when I'm a vegetarian (eat fish) and not getting enough 'greens'

Ah I know the feeling taffy rose.. you should have seen how happy I was when my hubby got back from the shop with chicken eggs and salad! So hungry but I'm logged into college online lecture for another hour, wow its dragging lol oooh k80 never thought of plain pasta. Might text him see if we can add that to the menu lol. Thanks! X

yoghurts and lots of them. Im also into boiled eggs too at the moment x

golden syrup oats so simple are doing the trick for me first thing on a morning, thats all i can stomach at the mo lol x

thanks girls! giving me lots of ideas! I felt like this till about 16 weeks last time so need lots of options! xxx

Ah i had it from day one d my last pregnancy, right until the day after i had my little boy! It was the worst ever, i was sipping gaviscon like a mad woman! I used to live off banana milkshakes from mcdonalds, not healthy at all but it was the only thing that half helped. Xxx

Ah i know, it stopped for majority of 2nd trimester then returned worse than ever for the last trimester! I remember being up in the night at 2 am looking for anything to help on google! I forgot about my addition to milkshake actually! Best get stocked up! lol xxxx

I find if I have a good breakfast it stops me feeling sick until dinner wen I struggle to cool anything!
I have been having ready break or boiled eggs and toast!

Apparently eating little and often is the best thing. I'm loving the savoury stuff atm, but fruit defo helps too with the nausea. Barely sugar sweets are the best for me though! But haven't been able to find them for bloody ages so sticking with mints atm!

Ah i had it from day one d my last pregnancy, right until the day after i had my little boy! It was the worst ever, i was sipping gaviscon like a mad woman! I used to live off banana milkshakes from mcdonalds, not healthy at all but it was the only thing that half helped. Xxx
omg i know how you feel had it with my first 2 pregnacies from day one til the end and lived on strawberry milshake from mcdonalds it was the only thing that helped, so glad i dont have this prob 3rd time around :) x

Hello, I really struggled when pregnant with my son to stop the heartburn and sickness feeling.... it constantly made me feel like i needed food!
I am getting this again and I was just wondering if anyone knew of any healthy-ish savoury snacks that I could eat (a lot of) during the day to help? xxx

i lived on milk, ice-cream and mcdonalds strawberry milkshake to get rid of the heartburn the sickness was a nightmare too!! so i tried to avoid food that i knew would give me heartburn and make the sickness kick in, like toast, orange juice things deep fried or fried, spicy food generally just ate quite bland food so it wouldnt set everthing off not that it always worked :( ginger biscuits help with sickness and i read that refreshers/love hearts help heartburn!! really hpe this gets better for you as i know what it is like and i think people dont always understand how much the heartburn and sickness wears you down!! im realyy thankful im not suffering either of these symptons 3rd time round else i thin i would have gone mental by now :lol: xx

Thanks everyone. My heartburn hasn't been as bad today, I think running round a soft play centre with my son took my mind off it. But I'm sure it will come back worse than ever tomorrow lol. Instead I've got a banging head ache that I can't shift. I think it was brought on after this I caught this horrible little boy pushing, hitting and jumping on my little boy in the play centre, my poor little boy was in tears screaming and it takes a lot for him to get upset, he's not soft. This is the 1st time I've let him go round on his own because I do get worried, I normally let him run round with me a bit behind him so he can get on with it but I'm there if he needs me. But this has scared me a bit now. When I told the little boy off he shouted back at me and ran off so I spoke to his mum but I saw him another 4 times to this to other children. Horrible he was! X

Spoke to soon, now I feel really sick and have heartburn, with a banging headache too this isn't nice x X X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back