When does the sickness subside?

chelb13

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I was just wondering how nauseous everyone was feeling and when it started to settle down? At the moment I'm not able to keep a lot down and surviving on a Chicken and Veg Cuppa Soup and I'm even finding it difficult not to run to the loo after eating these!! :sick:

I spoke to my midwife yesterday and she said the most important thing was to stay well hydrated and the sickness will eventually go away but when will it go away?

Any advice as to what to eat or remedies for the nausea would be very much appreciated!!

Thanks!

Chelb13 xxx

Lol i've only started to feel nauseas the last few days.....serves me right for thinking I'd gotten away with it. I'm finding drinking flat lemonade is helping loads though and am drinking over a litre a day plus water altho it causes difficulties at work when the only loo in the house is being occupied by an old person :lol:

I'm twelve weeks and still throwing up however only after fruit or chocolate really x x

:shock: Sue surely theres a law against being sick on chocolate lol xxxxxxxx

I know I just thought it was coincidence but nope everytime and within 30 min :( x

Mine eased as I went into tri 2 so around 12 weeks, it's miserable isn't it. I wore the sea sick bands all day and night and sucked ice pops to keep fluid levels up when I couldn't manage food. Have you tried ginger yet? This helps some people, lemon helped me a bit too. Hope it passes soon x

Right so things to try are: Ginger biscuits, flat lemonade, lolly ices and sea sick bands!!! :thanks:

I'm just concerned that i'm not getting enough fluids each day. Lucky if I have a glass of fruit juice or water!

Hope it settles soon...I'm a person who loves my food so this is not a good time for me!!!

Thanks for the replies though ladies, have a few options to try!

Chelb13 xxx

i would agree to try the ginger biscuits, there are also these sickness wrist bands you can try, you could get them from boots i think. I wore them with my last pregnancy and not sure if they helped if i am honest but heard some people saying they were good for them.

I had sickness up until around 20 weeks pregnant with my daughter and like you i had it all through the day, it started between 6-7 weeks for me but everyone is different so hope it wears off sooner for you than it did for me!

xxxx

ginger biscuits!! my auntie kept eating them when she was on Kemotherapy. They do actually stop you feeling sick :)

I've heard that ginger biscuits are the way forward too. I also find that bland, dry food can pick you up a little...try toast and chicken nuggets (not together lol).

I'm 8 weeks and although i haven't actually been sick yet, i seem to have a permanently sicky/nauseas feeling hanging over me. Sometimes i just wish i could throw up and get it over with! xx

I have had the sickness and nausea since I found out 4 weeks ago. Only started really vomiting about a week ago. Already had to have time off work from it....Not good :( I tried ginger but me not liking ginger ended up throwing it back up!! One day something will work for me the next it will make me feel ill just thinking about it! Im hoping the sickness dies down soon its really hard to deal with atm! x

see i had really bad nausea and sickness when i found out i was pregnant i couldn't even keep a cup of tea down, it started when i was about 6-7 weeks gone, i'm nearly 12 now and it's all calming down i did the sickness bands (you can get them out of the poundshop if you have one by you) i tried drinking lots of water and it only made me feel worse. just gotta soldier through it cuz it all dies down at 12 weeks+ i think anyway hope you all feel better soon xxx

Right I tried the ginger biscuits...Yuck! Came straight back and not pleasant coming back either! I've been to Boot's and got some sea bands and put them on at the till with the ladies help!!! Since then I have managed to have a jacket potato with a tiny bit of butter and so far...it hasn't re-appeared!!! :dance:
I'm back in work this afternoon and not due to finish until 10am tomorrow....just hope I can get through it without being sick!!!

Thanks for the tips and advice, although I think I just feel better knowing I'm not the only one suffering all day long!!!

Chelb13 xxx

As you've seen from my other post my sickness has just started to settle down a bit, seem to get a bad day then a few ok ones and I am 10 weeks. I had the bands but not sure they actually helped - they just hurt my wrists so suppose that took my mind off the sickness!! Sucking boiled sweets seem to help me. Horrendously bad for you I'm sure but kept that nasty taste out of my mouth. Also it didn't matter how early I set my alarm and ate dry crackers or something, they still ended up coming back up. I found it was easier to accept the inevitable, throw up, and then feel better for it!! Fingers crossed it starts to settle for you soon. xx

Awww hun :( the sickness is horrible eh! Most foods and smells made me boak when I was pregnant lol.. Crackers worked for me :)

It passed at about 14 weeks for me, so although it might not feel like it, there is an end! xxx

I'm 8 wks and for the last few days iv been functioning abit better without feeling too sick! I had it from 5 wks! You can go to the doctor and be prescribed sickness tablets! They are amazing and I wouldn't have got through my second preg or this one without them!
I'm hoping I'm starting to get better but will keep taking them just incase lol! Don't suffer your midwife should have advised you of these pills in the first place, good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back