• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

what age would you say is too old and too young....

FoxyMummy

Reaction score
....to become pregnant??

Im 18 and feel that i have gotten pregnant at the right time in life as i have done all i want to do,

im not a big clubber i was when i was 15, i have always looked and acted older than i really am! i dont feel that i am going to mis out on much, i would rather sit in the house on a sat night with a cup of hot choc than go out on the town making a fool of mysel.

just wondering what everyone else thinks??

what age do you thing is too young and too old??

i dont agree with people at the age of 40+ gettin pregnant, i just think its a little selfish on the child. Thta just my opinnion though.

I was pregnant at 15 and terminated the pregnancy as i was far to young then!!!

Ok it was only 3 years ago but really i was just a chilkd myself then!!!

x

I think anything under 16 is too young and anything over 50 is too old.. :)

legally speaking 16 and under

and how old is too old? well mother nature decides that. thats why we have a menopause

personally speaking i think mid twneties is the right age to have one and no older than 35.

I think 16 and under is young as you havent done GCSE's. At least if you do them you have some qualifications when you decided to go to work.

I think it more depends on the person, there are some 20+ year olds who r still immature to be parents.

I personally dont think age should be a factor :wink:

My mum had me at 15 and my youngest sister at 37 and has been a fantastic mother on both accounts :D

For a planned pregnancy I would say under 18 is too young. But if accidental then..my mum was only 17 and I'm ok :wink: But old enough to support yourself, past the selfishness of early teenage years where everyone thinks only their wants and needs matter (hey come on we were all there) I also think that even though you think you've done everything you want ...there's going to be things that your childless friends will do that you will want (I was a mum at 18, lived alone from 16 so I know what I'm on about) but I would have loved the opportunity to go to Uni without worrying about childcare, to work abroad or something you know the sort of thing.

Too old - I guess when you're 18 then 40 seems old... :? I'm 32 and would quite happily carry on trying till I was 45 if needed. At 40, you're only just heading for middle aged nowadays - and I don't see what's selfish about having a parent who is 40? My DH is 54 and we already have a son of 13. He's a lot more patient with him than I am - or than he was with his first children he had in his 20s. He enjoys the same music and films etc as our son, loves going shopping with him, all the new technology etc. Despite being almost ancient by your standards (joking :wink: ) - he was once young too - so when our angelic schoolboy turned into a skater with long hair and baggy jeans he just pulled out the photos of himself with shoulder length hair in the 70s.

Our son has never been embarrased by his dad (actually step dad but we don't bother) I can't understand why its selfish?

MMMmmmmmh it's weird i don't really have an opinion on that one. It really depends on the circumstances and the girl's situation :think:

Age doesnt mean anything as far as Im concerened, its the ability to be a good parent that matters :)

x-kirsty-x said:
Age doesnt mean anything as far as Im concerened, its the ability to be a good parent that matters :)

i agree but to a certain extent age has something to do with that :)

I think too young is when you're too selfish to make sacrifices for the child (this I think completely depends on the individual, I have met perfectly capable teenagers and totally selfish 40 somethings!).
As for too old, I don't know? is someone in their 50's who would give a child all the love and attention they could ever need really worse than someone in their 20's or 30's who would have children and not do such a good job???????
I think there are just too many different ways of raising a family to have a definite right and wrong answer.

i was 19
ive done fine lol
and im on my own but
meh i dunno i think 16 is 2 young so yeah deff 18
40 is 2 old

I can see this thread upsetting people TBH, we have old and young moms here and I don't want anyone thinking they are not accepted by the community because of their age.

Depends on the person really, I was 17 when I got pregnant and was way too young, had no really lived, but I wouldn't change it now as I love my baby. Mum had me at 41 and I got all the love I needed

budge said:
x-kirsty-x said:

i agree but to a certain extent age has something to do with that :)

Yeah I agree, I was gonna say more but had Ryan on my knee lol!

If I had to say an ideal age I would probably say no younger than 18. Dont get me wrong, I had Josh at 17 so in no way am I saying theres anything wrong with young mums. I just think they should live their lives a bit first before having kids. Everyones different though so if they feel ready for kids and are ready to give up their old lives then thats fine :)

As for older people, I think having a baby when you're in your 50s or 60s is daft and a bit selfish. Sorry if thats harsh but the kids would probably end up looking after you when they're teenagers instead of the other way round.

I hope none of that offends anyone, like I said in my first post I think its more about how good a parent people are and I've seen 15 year olds and 45 year olds who are both amazing mums to their babies. It depends completely on the person :)

Urchin said:
I can see this thread upsetting people TBH, we have old and young moms here and I don't want anyone thinking they are not accepted by the community because of their age.

I was just thinking about what I'd say in answer to that, especially as I have quite strong views on parental ages so don't think I'll answer to be honest - chances are I'd be disagreed with anyway - there are teengage mothers on the forum and mothers in the 20's, 30's and some in their 40's. Dangerous debate!!

The best mom I have ever met in my opinion, (a bit of an idol to me tbh) was 42 when she had her daughter and 45 when she had twin boys!
I have never come accross anyone who puts so much effort into her family, the kids dad is the same, their children come first, above all other eventualities and they are the happiest politest children you could imagine (they are 10 and 8 now). I have always hoped since I worked with them when the twins were 1 that I could learn a few things from her!!

as long as they can take care of the child age doesnt matter. Although i do think people should finish there education before thinking of having a child so id say 16.

I don't see how age makes a difference, as long as the mother can carry the baby healthily and have a successful birth.. then I don't doubt any age of woman being able to give their baby all the love they need.

Not sure I think age is a factor really when it comes to having babies.
My partner is 40 and he is just having his first child, he will most definitely be as good a dad, if not better, than alot of men half his age. (that's just my biased opinion tho :p)

x

having a child at the age of 40/50 is selfish..... if something was to happen to either or both partent the child is going to be 20 at the most! if my mum had me at 40/50 i wouldnt have thanked her!!

Im 18 and my patrents and grandparents are very happy for me and really excited too.

I never intended to hurt anyone
or
upset anyone by this post, it is only opinnions!!

Im not sayin at 40/50year old parent will not give the child all it needs as im sure every parent does the best for their child.

someone said that mother nature decides when you stop having children....... well i was 10/11 when i got my period so does that mean that it was ok for me to have a child at 10/11???

i work at a nursing home and i have a resident that is 47 and is very ill she has a 6 year old boy who had to be put in care as she was not able to lok after him and there is no other family to look after him!!
this is not right for a child at all!!

i just think its wrong people having kids at such old ages

Im sorry but its my opinnion and everyone is entitled to their opinion xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back