What age do kids go to nursery (free)

CARNAT22

Reaction score
Sorry I am not being very eloquent, but I am wondering what age kids begin nursery that is state funded?

Just trying to look at future childcare costs and stuff!

xxxxxx

It's the term after their third birthday x

It's the term after their third birthday x

I couldn't believe this when I found it out :( I thought it was literally from their 3rd birthday!

DS is 3 in December 2014 - will the new term be January does anyone know?? X

Is this full time do you know???

Just trying to work a few things out money-wise and seeing when realistically we can try for another bub.

If it is term after their 3rd Birthday does that mean Jan for James (he is a November baby) or does he have to wait until the following September - by then he'll be almost 4???

xxxxxxx

Last edited:
I.think its 15 hours isnt it? But fees go down slightly after 3 anyway as there is less staff ratio

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Yes it's 15 hours free - different nurseries will have different ways of allocating the 15 hours though. Some may do a few hours a day or like 2 1/2 days.

Most nurseries will do a Sept and Jan intake - some may do an additional intake too.

There is now some free hours available for 2 year olds (probably the term after 2nd birthday) but its only available for single parent families or households on a low income (can't remember what the cut off point was though).

Hi Carnat22! I work in a nursery, everything that's been said is true so far. But anything you want to ask/know then feel free :)

M has 10 hours from age two but from September that's changing to 15 I'm a lone parent low income family she changes to other funding April 2014 when she's 3 x

Thank god my daughter was a week early!! She was due April 6th but arrived on March 30th so will just sneak in on the Easter term!! Yay!! Makes a big difference as to when we can start trying for number two. If she'd arrived on her due date I would have had to wait another 6 months!

Thank god my daughter was a week early!! She was due April 6th but arrived on March 30th so will just sneak in on the Easter term!! Yay!! Makes a big difference as to when we can start trying for number two. If she'd arrived on her due date I would have had to wait another 6 months!

It's terrible how much childcare effects our lives! Wish the government would do more! X

Bloody hell, my son was born September 12th. I didnt know it was term after...

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Cant belive Alice will go to nursery in 9 months! We are low income though, and ill get some one on one time with temperance my youngest x

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk 4 Beta

If your child is already in private nursery, will they automatically reduce it or are only certain nurseries eligible?

:)

My nephew was 3 on march 15th and started nursery the day after? He didn't have to wait until the next term x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back