What age did you cut down to just a morning and night bottle?

haych86

Reaction score
My little man went from 4 bottles a day to 3 bottles a day at 6.5 months. Now he is just over 8 months and seems to play with his afternoon bottle and not take a lot. Wondering if to just cut it out and offer him snacks if he seems hungry.

He drinks plenty of water in the day now so I wouldn't be concerned about him dehydrating and he has 3 solid meals a day. I try to get calcium into one of the meals such as yoghurt / cheese or foods mixed with milk.

Just wondered when you cut down to 2 bottles with you LO's?

If he's not taking alot of the afternoon bottle then I'd cut it out. My LO is 9 months and still on 3 bottles a day, I've tried cutting his mid morning bottle out but he still seems to want it x x

he takes about 5oz max but with a lot of playing around offer 7oz. just worried he wont be taking enough milk as he only has a 7oz in the morning and 7oz at night

Does he have all the morning and night bottles? If so maybe try increasing them by 1oz each to distribute the 2oz he's not wanting in the afternoon, then keeping the afternoon bottle but at 5oz instead? xxxxx

amelia is similar age and has only been on 1 7oz bottle at night for about a month she wouldnt take any more x

My LO is 9 months and refuses all bottles except the one before bed when she has 6 Oz x

I guess it's different because I'm bf'ing, but C still wants 4 milk feeds a day!

My LO 8 months and has 7oz on morn and 7oz at bed then I also give him 5oz in afternoon mainly to help get him off for his nap and sneak in the extra few oz! All babies sound dif and all seem to be doing ok? So I'd go with what your LO wants/needs! U can always try without and of it doesn't work give it him again!!
Saw health v last wk and she said although LO should have 18 to 20 oz as long as they have a varied balanced diet she said she wouldn't be concerned if they had 5oz less! Hope thSt helps? Xx

I cut down to two bfs a day at 8 months x

I'm still giving zac 3 bottles and he is not showing any signs of dropping one. I'd say just follow your LOs lead and maybe try and put a bit more milk in his food to keep his intake up xxx

They are all so different. Owen started having just 2 bottles about 8 and a half months, we just have morning and afternoon snacks now and water is always on offer. He has 5oz on waking (about to change this to with the breakkie, froma beaker) and 7oz before bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back