Solids

adele88

Reaction score
So keyan will be 4 months at the end of the month and im wondering wheter you can start to introduce solids gradually but I know they cant start on solids fully until they are around 6 months but the bottles doesnt seem to be satisfying him anymore as he is on 7 oz bottles every 3 hours and his last bottle at night i crush up a rusk and mix it in with his bottle but he still seems to cry after every bottle also i have tryed increasing his bottles 2 8oz every bottle and he is just constantly sick so im stuck on what to do

any ideas?

Last edited:
I started giving Lacey baby rice at 4 months. She didn't like it though. You could also try porridge!

herbie sounds just the same.
How much dose he weight now? herbie was just under 15lb over 3 wks ago so is a big more and I think he is starting to need more then just milk.
I going to start him on baby rice next monday he will be 16wk and see how he go's.
Monty started at this age but dolly was 6 months hv talked me into waiting and at 2 a half still dosnt eat now she would drink milk all day if I let her.

herbie sounds just the same.
How much dose he weight now? herbie was just under 15lb over 3 wks ago so is a big more and I think he is starting to need more then just milk.
I going to start him on baby rice next monday he will be 16wk and see how he go's.
Monty started at this age but dolly was 6 months hv talked me into waiting and at 2 a half still dosnt eat now she would drink milk all day if I let her.

im not sure how much he weighs but the last time i got him weighed he was 11lb and that was a real while ago i think he will be nearly over a stone now easy lol hes a wee fatty

i think i will start keyan on solids just gradually maybe introduce some rice in the morning then some dinner until he is fully taking solids

you're 'allowed' to start weaning at 4 months perfectly fine. J is 15 weeks on sunday and our HV brought us a weaning pamphlet already and 50% of babies begin the weaning process before 4 monthd. if yo ufeel your baby is ready then do it slowly i would say. I have been so scared to try anything lie that and my firend is a dietician and she sent me a link of a journal that is integral to the 'rules' and 'reglations' of weaning and to be quite honest it completely put my mind at rest. ill try and refind it and then post it. But it says stuff about how you can give your baby anything and there is no evidenvvcce whatsoever that supports the theory of encouraging future allergies etc, but it gives guidelines. even says you can wean early if y uofeel its right and give guidance etc..... ill have a look otherwise ill get to her to resend me a link and ill post it! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back