Andrew 3 n half months and well est on solids is this norm?

bossbump

Reaction score
andrew was 8lb 10 born 2 weeks late. Was breastfed untill my nipples bled. He was guzzing his way through 14 bottles each 9 oz of hungry baby food in 24 hours. So at 3 months i put him on solids and he took to it straight away he now has 3 meals a day and 6 bottles did i do the right thing so many people have told me i could damage his digestive sytem starting so young.

I'm not sure hun but my goodness he's a hungry boy :shock: How much does he weigh now?

Maybe have a chat with your HV about it if your worried :hug:

I wouldnt worry too much, my mothers generation stasrted weening at 3 months. (that was the guided time) And me and my sisters/brothers are fine :) Sounds like you had no option! :shock: :lol:

Tia was 8lb9oz at birth, never lost an oz of weight, was bf'd from both boobs at every feed, would then have between 4 to 6oz of formula on top of that, nap for 20 mins then demand more food again. It would take me about an hour to feed her.... and it wasn't just comfort she would go at my boobs as if she had been starved, scream at them when empty then go at the bottle the same... :shock:... this would happen day and night and by 3 months I was in tears.

The recommended age to wean was 4 months back then, so it wasn't far off so I weaned her.... She took to it immediately, guzzled the teaspoon of baby rice and 3oz of boob milk... promptly fell asleep... and slept for 3 hours. It was the first time EVER she had slept longer than an hour in any one stretch.

I only kept her on one meal of baby rice and boob milk a day around 5pm... until she was 4 months when I started introducing more foods.

She's now 8... the only problems she has had with her tummy was a lactose intolerance she got after she contracted rota virus when she was in hospital with meningitis... (another kid on the ward had it). And this was when she was 8 months and by 5 years old she had completely grown out of it.

The only problem we now suffer with, is our constantly increasing food and clothing bill... I swear that child can eat for England, Spain and most of north America... and still be hungry and as thin as a stick.

Admittedly she is the same height as most 10 year olds and she grew over a cm in the month of March.... :rotfl: But she is healthy.

Me on the other hand was bf'd 100% till 6 months, and weaned then....and I have Crohns... so theres no guarantee that if you wean late your baby will be any healthier than if weaned early.

sounds like yopu didnt have much choice.. arnt you supposed to go from their due date anyway? 17 weeks from the DD?

When I was a baby, my mum, a (now retired) midwife, started weaning me (and my 2 brothers) at 6 weeks, starting with baby rice. She has recently given me the weaning book she used (published in 1973) which gives weaning guidance from 4 weeks old!! I'm now 32, and my brothers are 27 & 25 - certainly never did us any harm!

I weaned my daughter at 12 weeks and there is nothing at all wrong with her, u did what ur baby needed hun, dont worry :hug

He is thriving well hes about 16 lb now need to get him weighed he looks quite normal thanx for your words of wisdom ladeeeez

kieron was weaned at 9 weeks for the same reason hun and was on 3 meals at 11 weeks and it hasnt done him any harm :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back