What a weekend....

Tigger87

Reaction score
Went to London this weekend to see my almost 10 week old nephew, Thomas, for the first time. He was born at 26 weeks and we were the first non-grandparents to get to meet him.

He has these tiny little perfect hands, this amazing soft full head of hair (even with a tinge of ginge now!!) and almost a proper cry! We weren't allowed cuddles unfortunately - my MIL has threatened death if anyone does before her!!! But I did get a hand hold (well, finger hold).

More amazingly, that night after we left, he took a bottle for the first time (he's been mainly tube fed with a tiny bit of breast fed) and pulled his oxygen out - so they left it out all night to see how he'd go!!

It was so surreal meeting him in person, rather than just stories and pictures. Next time we meet will be when we're introducing him to his cousin :)

Unfortunately our weekend was ruined by our bloody car. The turbo blew up on the m25, over 4 hours from home. Luckily we took out breakdown cover on Saturday with an inkling something may go wrong. Took an hour and a half of waiting before the breakdown man got to us, he took us 90 miles and they were going to have to "relay us" the remaining 150 - no one company was likely to be able to take us more than 50-60 miles due to tacho graph rules... Luckily, I presume being a Sunday, relay no 2 was gonna be a long wait... So they gave us a courtesy car to drive ourselves home. We got there almost 8 hours after we left London! And our car STILL isn't back.

Cost of repair is going to be similar to the cars value, I know this because we had to replace the same bloody part last year!!!!! Grr!!!!

Hubby was a bit scared I might go into early labour on the side of the motorway - hehe.

I just thought I'd share my weekend full of mixed emotions, though overall good outweighing the bad!!

(So long in the car means I now have pigs trotters and cankles though!)

Oh so nice you finally got to meet him after 10 weeks! Shame the car had to end your weekend on a downer, wht a nightmare time for that part to go :-( x

Awww thats so nice and its great to hear hes doing so well lovley story i remember when she had him, so pleased for themxx

It does sound like you've had a very eventful weekend! So lovely that you got to see little Thomas :) sounds like he is doing really well. What a time for the car to play up though, hope you can get it sorted xxx

F-ing cars!!! No-one sympathises more than me hun!!! That's annoying about the relay, some companies do that but some just use a tow firm who will take you whole way as we got towed Devon to Coventry at Easter.

Hope the car gets home soon. We've been lucky and parents gave us money towards a new one, they are bloody expensive and a nightmare when they go wrong! Aghhh!

Glad you're home safe anyway, and lovely your nephew is doing so well xxx

Aw the first half of your post is lovely. Must be amazing to see him progress. The other half, well that's gutting, cara are a pain in the arse!! Hope you get it sorted xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back