What a weekend!

Josephine_Beth

Reaction score
Well, it's been fun packed jammed for me this weekend!

Friday I wasn't feeling well at all, my blood pressure in the morning was 140/90 and so the doctor was a bit worried and told me I need a check up every week.

So around 8pm Friday evening, I had woken up from my nap but feeling very cr@ppy and sick. Hubby had to go pick a friend up from the airport that night, so he was off out but I never thought this would happen to me.

I broke out into a cold sweat and felt dizzy, then all of a sudden, just under my breast line, it was becoming very tight and painful and I couldn't breath, so I panicked. Calling hubby but he wouldn't answer (later I was to find out that he had left his phone on silent since work, by accient). I thought to go an lay down, maybe I was just run down but it made it worse. I was in such a great deal of pain, like I'd been stabbed by 10 knifes at the same time. My back started to contrict too and I couldn't breath for the life of me. I went to my neighbours but no one was in, so I called the ambulance but because I couldn't breath, I couldn't talk (I was in PF chat at this point). Just then, when I thought I was farked, our flat mate had come home. He grabbed me and rushed me to hospital.

Once there, my hubby called, he panicked and turned back home to be with me (thank god).

The doctors put me in the delivery suit, Junior was a little distressed and with my blood pressure being 160 and constant swelling, they were thinking he may have to be induced due to my health. But they tried to keep away from that. They monitored Junior and put a drip in me with something to take the pain away. I'd been taken in at 9pm, by 10.30pm, they'd put me on the maternity ward for the night but the saga continued. I couldn't breath again, so they put me back on Oxygen, they then monitored my heart and it seemed to be skipping beats so I was rushed to the general hospital by midnight to see a cardio doctor.

The cardio doctor monitored my heart, took about 6 diff blood tests (one from a main vein which really hurt) and did an ultra sound on my heart. Everything was fine but there was a big lack of carbon dioxide in my blood, which worried him. I then had my lungs looked at and my liver, they seemed fine but they could see that my muscles were constricting my lungs, so had to give me an injection to relax them.

By 4.45am, I was taken back to the maternity hospital and finally allowed to sleep.

They wanted to monitor my blood pressure and swelling in my feet, legs and hands, with what turned up in my tests, apaprently I am on the verge of getting thrumbosis. However, this morning my blood pressure had gone down to 98, which everyone was happy about and they sent me home by 11am! Yay!

All the way through this saga, my baby was 100% fine.................goes to show what good protection we are to our babies huh

I'm ok now, just a little run down and full of holes but very good!

oh dear what an ordeal :hug:

hope you're feeling better now xx

I'm feeling a lot better, slept a lot in the hospital too! However, my appetiate has just come back and I am starving! I am not allowed to eat;

* Anything fried
* Any spices,salt, peppers, onions
* Bananas
* Acidy foods
* Cheese (I can have milk with cereal but semi-skimmed and not alot)

Any cooked foods have to be boiled or grilled with nothing on them.

Looks like it's boiled rice and chicken for me until bubs comes huh

You poor thing, what a scare. I bet you were so frightened! Bet your flatmate was pretty scared too! You take it easy and try to do as little as possible. At least you are 34 weeks so junior would be a little small but ok if you had to deliver.

Take care of yourself
Alfie
:hug: :hug:

Gosh, Joesephine-Beth, how scary for you! I was scared just reading all of that :shock: So they think you're on the verge of a thrombosis? Did they scan your legs? That's usually where a DVT starts. Or did they say where they think the thrombosis might be? I thought it would only cause the other symptoms if it had broken away from your leg as a clot and travelled to e.g. your lungs (as they suspected with Frangelle recently).

Are they treating you with blood thining drugs? This can be dangerous just before delivery, I've read, but certain types can be used in pregnancy. I realise your blood pressure is now down and you're feeling a lot better, but I'm still worried about you - are you satisfied that they've got it under control? I don't know anything and I'm not trying to panic you, I just hate the thought of there being any risk that you could go through that again.

At least it was a good lesson for hubby not to leave his 'phone on silent :D Hope you never have to go through anything as scary again.

All my love,
Wendy
xxx

They gave me those funny white ctocking thingys and said I have to wear them at night when I sleep. They've also said to constantly rest so that my blood pressure doesn't rise again but lets face it, even standing up can make that happen lol

They gave me sme tablets to take out the acid levels in my tummy and some tablets to keep my pressure down. Also, given me some exercises to do for my legs. They did a load of things to me, scan my legs and back of chest etc but found nothing to alarm them. I think they are worried because my legs, feet and ankles were very swollan and that my pressure was high, also a lack of carbon dioxide in my blood.

I am happy with what they have done so far and can't fault them for this, I hd my drip changed 6 times whilst in hosptial, the first 3 drips they added some other injections into it to reduce my pain and the thrumbosis, they also added this thrumbosis inject to my other 3 drips, not exactly sure what it doee though :oops:

Poor you, glad you're feeling better though :hug:

Oh Lord!!
take care of yourself that must have been a bit of a traumatic experience

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111