What a rubbish day :(

LouiseB

Reaction score
Today has just been one crap thing after another.

Top of the list is hubby's grandma having all support withdrawn because she has been in hospital for a few weeks without making any improvement, but she is still conscious and things.

So she has basically been made aware that she's probably going to die within a few days so she is upset :(

Secondly, from my pov, SIL is 7 weeks pregnant. It's supposed to be a secret but MIL was complaining about having to look after SIL's first child yet again and blurted out she'll be babysitting when SIL goes for her scan too.

Honestly, it's not the SIL getting her baby thing that upsets me, but SIL is just sooooooooooo needy. She suffers anxiety a lot and just dumps her kid off on her parents, who are about 65 and not of the best health, and goes and sleeps in the next room :shock:

If i do get pregnant and even have a baby, we won't get a look in because the inlaws will be exhausted already.

Thirdly! The inlaws are distributing some money between hubby and SIL and if you work it out, without mentioning figures, she is getting over twice as much as we are and hubby won't even acknowledge how unfair it is because clearly i'm just being a competitive bitch :wall2:

I see the money as a nest egg for the children and why should SILs egg be bigger than our egg! Are her children more deserving or something?!

Last edited:
sorry about OH's granny!

ur SIL sounds like hardwork, her poor parents, at 65 they should be relaxing!!

did his parents try to justify why u guys are getting less? i think i'd have to say something, not fair at all! like you say, not for u but for your future LO's!! xxx

what a crap day Louise ,

Shame about the money , why wouldn't she spread it equally??

and that is just awful about care being withdrawn why is she in hospital if you dont mind me asking?
x

If it was me and my parents, i'd say something.

But hubby seems to feel it's inappropriate to complain when someone is giving you something...

The money thing is a bit complicated. Basically the inlaws are paying off our mortgages but SILs is twice our mortgage and she hasn't made a mortgage payment but we have been paying our mortgage for 2 years so we are down that money too.

It's not my fault SIL made a bad investment choice.

As for hubby's grandma, she wasn't of good health anyway. She had a stroke a while ago but was fine metally and just need aid walking. Then she has what was suspected as a second stroke so went into hospital, but it wasn't. However she has wonky blood pressure so they won't let her leave, but they are now saying they won't feed her by IV anymore but she can't eat so i think she is basically going to starve to death. There are some other things wrong with her too like diabetes and things, but she isn't ill like with a disease. Basically she is old and they don't want to spend any money on trying to fix her up.

Oh Louise, that does sound like one rubbish! You have got a bit of a raw end of the deal too. I understand the whole frustration with the inlaws too as weve been messed up by this as well. Basically me and my oh have good jobs and worked hard for ouselves and the inlaws gave the other 2 sons a bigger 'helping hand' with some money earlier this year. Its frustrating when you see what you think or know is unfair but I was like you its not my own parents so don't feel I had the right to say something!

Im really sorry about your oh gran too!

I say you spoil yourself and spend time on you and hubby. You deserve a good weekend, go and get it!

Last edited:
Thanks girlies.

It's good to vent every now and again :hug:

so sorry you having such a crap day. xx

Sorry you've had a horrible day Lou, I don't know what to say but when you have bad times it makes you appreciate the good and I hope things get better for you soon as you truly desreve it! :hugs:

Really sorry about Hubby's grandma, I hope she gets better or better cared for.

I probably wouldn't say this if it was me in your shoes but don't feel bitter about the money thing, be happy with what you are given and what it will mean for you, to be able to live mortgage free at your age is a luxury these days and you're very lucky in that sense.

And remember they are willing to pay for your IVF cycles in their eyes they are giving you the same thing, to be able to give mortgage free.

As for the baby thing, if my SIL was to get pregnant now after knowing what's going on with me I'd find it insensitive.

Hope you feel better in the morning!:)

Just wanted to say hope you are feeling a little better about things Louise. Its so hard when you are going through all this anyway without any added pressure, sometimes I feel like the bad stuff is even worse! Sounds like you need a good spoiling/chilling weekend with your hubby x x x x x x

Hope you're feeling better today, sometimes it's just one thing after another isn't it!
Completely agree with what maybe baby says about being mortgage free at your age, so many people are losing their jobs and homes these days through no fault of their own, it's nice to have some security behind you. We have a really long mortgage as opposed to throwing our money away on rent and I'd be very grateful if anyone wanted to pay that off (which is highly unlikely).
In my experience, where inlaws are concerned it's best to bite your tongue in front of them as you can never win.
Vent away though, that's what this place is for!
xxx

Oh dear Lou, that's sad news about gran :( :hug:

Hope you are feeling a little happier now (I see your point re the mortgage but omg I would so love someone to pay off mine :pray: )

Ahh me too Chaz, I've PM'd her twice now, I'm actually really worried, I really hope she's ok.:(

xx

Was just thinking I haven't read anything from Louise in a good while. When I saw this post had a reply I was hoping it was her. Hope shes ok!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back