What a day!

Spammy

Reaction score
So had a call from my sister at teatime to say that my brother in law has chickenpox!! Their gp said he could have had it for 2 weeks and 2 weeks ago I went to stay with them!

My sister said I needed to speak to my gp as it can be dangerous if caught in pregnancy. Had a massive argument with gp receptionist who told me I was rubella immune so I would be ok...which I knew was rubbish!! I told her that I would like her to check as she isn't medically trained and I'm pregnant so her presumption wasnt good enough for me!! (she was just fobbing me off cos she wanted to go home!). She reluctantly got the on call gp to phone me who said I urgently needed to have a blood test!!!

So after telling him about his stupid receptionist I had to go to the out of hours gp. Have been there all night! Have had a blood test to check I'm immune but apart from that I'm none the wiser! All a bit worrying really!!

I don't know if iv ever had chickenpox as when I was little my sister had them but I only got 1 spot!!

Must try not to worry...will find out my blood test result next week.

I'm pretty sure 90% of dr's receptionists are dipshits!

Really hope all is ok, u may have been staying there before he got the bug. Fx for u xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I know Jayjay I was so mad!!! I work for a surgeon and there's no way I'd ever assume anything I'm not sure of and that's without someone being pregnant! I made it clear to the gp I thought she was out of order and I could tell he wasn't happy so hopefully they will make sure she doesn't do it again!

Thats proper crap of her to say that. I'd be tempted to lodge a formal complaint with the practice manager as she was essentially giving you negligent advice, which her employers would defo be vicariously liable for. The eejit.

Fx crossed everything will be ok, thinking of you xx

I'm with Firstbaby on this, I would lodge a complaint too.

Fingers crossed everything is OK x

omg i think its receptionists everyhwre they think theyre trained doctors.
fx results come back fine xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back