Blood tests

Keira

Reaction score
Well as some of you may know I am phobic of needles and for weeks I have been putting off my blood tests, my midwife referred me to a counsiller who advised me to see my GP to get a referral to a pycologist.

Well I went to my GP and she said she didnt think I would be able to conquer my fear in time to have the blood tests so she gave me an appointment to have the blood test done with her.

So yesterday morning my mum and I went down to the doctors and I ca honestly say I have never been more scared in my life, I felt sick and dizzy, she lay me on the bed and I was so close to walking out eventually I gave her my arm and let her do it.

As soon as she had finished I burst into tears of joy and relief and my mum was crying too because she was so proud of me :D

Oh well done! I'm not that bad with needles, but i only had the first lot at my booking in appointment, sat staring at the ugly picture on the wall and hoped for the best.

As with all things, it wasn't as bad as I had been expecting!

I sympathise that you feel so worried about them that your doc would refer you for assistance to overcome the worry, I can imagine you feel wonderful for getting though it.

WELL DONE!

Well done!!!!

Its horrible when you have to face a fear, you were very brave. :hug:

You did fabulous! Phobias are not nice and its hard for others to understand. well done :hug:

Well done sweetie, you should be so proud of yourself :hug:
You have done a fantastic thing for you and your baby
My friend also had a terrible fear of needles, she had to have hypnotheraphy to help her have her tests

Well done xxx

WELL DONE KEIRA

It must have been so hard for you, knowing that it had to be done. well done for getting through it :cheer: . Your luckier than i was, i had a needle put in both arms because i have thin veins, eventually she got the blood, and i fainted :oops: . that was two weeks ago and i still have black bruises on my arms :( . got to go back in another two weeks to get another sample taken hopefully this time it will go well :pray: .

well done you should be proud, hopefully it will get easier as time goes on.

I was terrified too but i went witn my ex oh (****) lolz and i felt so at ease at the end :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back