What a day....

Luckybean27

Reaction score
So yesterday had dr's in the morning, gave me appointment for Friday at hospital, was really upset to have to wait that long, just wanted it sorted. She told me I probably wouldn't bleed but if I did to go to a and e.

1pm, bleeding started. At 9.30pm I called out of hours dr. The told me to go to a and e. Sat there for ages, getting annoyed at how insensitive they were, asked nurse if I could go home and she said I should stay, was offered pain killers but they never showed up!

Finally someone from gyn came....a man. Although nicest man ever. Did internal examination which was uncomfortable but not horrendous. Told me after he managed to remove the 'product of conception' which was a massive relief. Told me it would be cremated and the hold a service which i thought was nice. Took my blood and that came back fine so was allowed home at 1.45pm.

Got to keep Friday appointment to check all ok.

Feel lucky for how it worked out, it's what I would have chosen. He said I should stop bleeding over the next week.

Just need to rest now. Work bought the lies about why I won't be in for a couple of weeks!!

Family have been lovely and I have lots of flowers. Just glad it is out of me now and I can try and move on.

Xx

i am glad it is over for you hun, now take some time to rest and try and come to terms with everything. I hope you're doing ok, took me nearly 4 weeks off work after my MC to get back to some sort of normality xxx

I'm very sorry to read your story, it's very similar to mine, i lost my baby on Tuesday, i feel your pain.

As for the insensitivity of the hospital i'm totally hearing you, me and my OH were just saying that they not all the bothered if you are in early weeks, personally i don't think it matters how far along you are the feeling is the same.

Sounds like you have good support at home, take rest and i really hope your ok.

Coming on here has helped me a lot in my grieving process, hope it helps you the same way ((hugs)).

when i called ambulance and told then i was MC'ing they said ........'' oh....just a miscarriage.......we will be there in 45 mins'' charming

when i called ambulance and told then i was MC'ing they said ........'' oh....just a miscarriage.......we will be there in 45 mins'' charming

Yeh they can be very heartless with miscarriages, we all know they are common but it still hurts physically and mentally, it irritates me!!.

and they put on a ward where someone went into labour i nearly blew my lid, waited ages for a doctor to come who told me i hadpassed it all, then wenty home and passed the rest. Idiots, the nurses in A&E were best they stayed with me the whole time as I ended up passing the most of evrrything sat on a commode in A&E not very dignified and they all appreciated that too and gave me my own canister of gas and air lol i was battered

I think it is the mental part of it that's worse, I was sat in the waiting room with 3 new born babies, luckily I could detach what I had from them so was ok but I am sure others would find it hard. xx

I think it is the mental part of it that's worse, I was sat in the waiting room with 3 new born babies, luckily I could detach what I had from them so was ok but I am sure others would find it hard. xx

That is harsh!

Luckily I've only had to go the EPU and not A&E.

I have heard so many stories about women being treated poorly through-out a M/c and I know a poster on here received horrid after-care when she very sadly had a still born baby.

Sadly our NHS seem more concerned with looking after people that "can" be helped. The Dr's couldn't do anything for our babies?
That is no excuse for bad treatment though!

I am glad you are doing OK luckybean

xxxxxxx

Last edited:
thats awful luckybean, MC proceedures need to be looked at within the NHS i have heard some horror storys on here and it is just terrible how you get treated sometimes really shocking

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back