what a day.. :(

pringle88

Reaction score
I seriously have no trust in the nhs at all!!!

I had an at home midwife visit this morning because of my bp - 3 readings where the bottom number was above 110. This resulted in my midwife calling the maternity assessment unit who told her to call 999 and get an ambulance to me immediately. They arrived 4 mins later. Apparently with BP readings as high as they were I was likely to go into a fit...

Got a couple more BP readings of over 100 in the ambulance and my pulse was really high.

Got the hosp at about half 11 they took another BP reading, it had gone down to 93 by now so getting better, pulse still high, temp high, headache, very swollen and flashing lights.. They put me on the monitor to check on baby and had to leave me on for 4 hours because her heartrate was too high. They took my blood tests and a urine sample.

Midwife had gone through the whoe induction procedure and told me what to expect by this point... A couple of hours later a registrar came to see me to tell me that 'some' of my blood results are abnormal, there's protein in my wee, I probably have pre eclampsia but they aren't going to do anything about it - her actual words!!! And they won't put me on bp medication incase it makes my bp go too low and makes me dizzy and sick!

There's 4 beds on MAS and I heard them say that there were 3 women waiting to be seen in reception and there we're no free beds on the ward.

I was sent home as if nothing was wrong! Completely fed up now!!! Sorry for the long post I just think its shitty treatment from the nhs!!

:hug: how bad is that! Take it easy and if u keep feeling rough ring a blooming ambulance again.

The NHS are absolutely unbelievable. A friends husband the other month was refused an ambulance to take him to hospital even though he had somehow become temporarily paralysed from the waist down and insisted that said friend bring him herself even though he couldnt move and she couldn't move him?!?

Most importantly though Pringle how are you now?! Are you feeling any better? I think it may be best if you go back in and demand medical attention, it all sounds very serious!! :( xxxxxxx

Omg that's so wrong! Hope you're in bed!!! Xxx

I cannot believe that :hug: make sure you take it really really easy from now on hun :hug: x

Might be worth going to another A&E next time, just don't tell em you went to the 1st one.

:hugs: that's horrible. do you have any other hospitals near you? xx

oh god how scary for u hun,youd have thought theyd have insisted on keepin u in after all that.hope your ok babe.xxx

Hope your ok hun, if you don't feel better get yourself back in there and refuse to move until they sort you out!! xx

Cant believe they sent you home! Make sure you totally rest, hope your ok x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back