Were/are you a young mum??

I got pregnant with monty at 18 and had him at 19 then had dolly when I was 22, now onto baby number 3 at 24 I love being a younge mum and dont think I would be an any better mum if I was older. I've been with o/h for 9years and his mum and dad dont see the children as they werent happy about them at all (o/h is five years older then me aswell so not really younge) but its there loss we are a very happy little family xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I fell pregnant at 18 had k when I was 19. I had the dirty looks and people pushing pass me when pregnant in town. I am now 24 and I hope the looks will be different
this time. Although I doubt it.

i think its the other "mums" our age that look and dress scruffy, got up the duff for a house etc that gives us the bad names!!
i have done everything to provide for my son/family, when i 1st split from his dad i was on benefits, i think every1 at somepoint in there lives have been on them, its nothing to be ashamed of, but its the people who just cant be arsed to do something with there lives that gives us the bad names.

my friend, who was pregnant at same time as me, we kept in touch for ages but then she changed. she has a daughter the same age as my son, she has NEVER worked a day in her life!! she then went on to have another child so that she could get a bigger house...this really rattle me!! fair enough if u want to live your life like that but for someone to have been so into going to college to then not bother cos they think they get more money not working is beyond me!!

i work hard to provide for my son and ive just been employed by the NHS too, something i hope later on in life my son can say he was proud of me for what i achived for him.

so proud of al you ladies xx

I was 20 when I fell pregnant with lacey had her at 21 and I'm 25 now expecting my 2nd!! I've been branded a young mum by my clients I have, I work in quite a posh spa but my O/H is younger than me!! He was 19 when I had lace and will be 23 this time yet men don't get branded as young dads!!
I'm glad I had lace when I did and hopefully when she's old enough to go
out drinking I'll still be young enough to join her! Lol
seriously welldone to people who have children at 16 or younger cos it is bloody hard work lol

I was 17 when i fell pregnant with Stephen 18 when i had him, 21 when i had number Jacob, and 22 with Zachary, now i'm married to the dad of Stephen and Zachary and have been since i was 7 months pregnant with Jacob, Jacobs dad walked out just after my 12 week scan but is now happily involved with him, he has him every other holidays apart from christmas when we split it so that Jacob has the first week of the holidays with his dad and christmas with his brothers, and during the summer holidays he goes to his dad for two weeks one at home and the other in devon.

xx

If I'm honest though to me it seems normal for teenagers to have kids now, lol

i fell pregnant at 18 had my LO at 19.and im 22 now. i use to get people looking at me ( i look about 16 lol) but they dont anymore!
my whole family supported me during and after i had my daughter. been with my OH for 4 years, engaged and his great! we provide 100% for our little girl aswell as working our way up to better our future
i wouldnt change having my LO so young, as lacey's mum said - we can go for a drink when their older lol

My family have been so supportive both times! My nans only found out two weeks ago (due to the fact my Mum mother cant keep her lips sealed and has to opinionate out loud about everything and after the first time I kept it secret for that long!) Lol x

I was nearly 18 when I fell pregnant with DD. Her sperm donor has never had anything to do with her, he's never met her and I haven't claimed any money from him for various reasons. I struggled to pay bills for ages but have learnt so much and wouldn't have it any other way. I hope to become a nurse as I have good GCSE and As level results and desperately want to be a nurse-specifically working in paediatrics. I'm 24 now and will be 25 when Seb arrives (assuming he's not early). I had very little help from my parents but my sisters both stood by me and helped out. It has been tough but when isn't having children tough? I wouldn't change a thing as it's made me who I am today x

i like this thread and all of your stories, you all sound like such strong people, men are dicks tbh!! there's only a few good'ns in the world and you gotta find the, keep hold of them if you have one! it just shows how much women actually do in life and they don't get half the credit they deserve sometimes!!! wooo for us girlies! hehe.

i'm classed as a young mum, 19.. 20 in july. but i must say there has been some tough times due to no jobs, money, no place to live etc.. but eventually those things have sorted out.. now all i have to look forward too is motherhood! and i'll come back and tell you my opinion hehe. but i've loved every minute of my life so far ever since Riley arrived. :D xxxx

i like this thread and all of your stories, you all sound like such strong people, men are dicks tbh!! there's only a few good'ns in the world and you gotta find the, keep hold of them if you have one! it just shows how much women actually do in life and they don't get half the credit they deserve sometimes!!! wooo for us girlies! hehe.

i'm classed as a young mum, 19.. 20 in july. but i must say there has been some tough times due to no jobs, money, no place to live etc.. but eventually those things have sorted out.. now all i have to look forward too is motherhood! and i'll come back and tell you my opinion hehe. but i've loved every minute of my life so far ever since Riley arrived. :D xxxx

Positive outlook on things Ria :D xx

I'm awaiting motherhood lol but i'm only 20 too :) I still live at home and am going to be a single parent but bring it on :) x

I was a young mum...I was 15 wen I fell pg wiv my eldest,luckily I had a great support team,I found out I was pregnant in the may (yr 10 at school) stopped goin 2 mainstream school in October and attended a young mums unit til Xmas,my partner (19) bought a house and I moved in with him. Ryan was born in feb,I returned to school 8 weeks later. Took my exams (straight c's!!) started work in the july. I then fell pregnant wiv my 2nd wen ryan was nearly 2. My babies r now 11 and 8. I split wiv their dad wen ben was 1. I'm now married,with another son (3) just finished my nvq 3 hairdressing and pregnant wiv my 4th.
I'm really good friends wiv my ex still,we went to each others wedding,I cut his and his wifes hair and will b attending their daughters christening in a few weeks xxx
I feel like an old mum now,will b interesting to see if I get treated any different now that I'm 27 and married compared to been a15 yr old schoolgirl xxx

I was 23 when I had my first, I would have had children earlier, but I was advised to start a degree, so as soon as I had graduated i tried for a baby xx

thankyou vix :D

sensible way of thinking emz! wish i was good at education, but i can't concentrate for long :oops: lol xx

No problem Ria!

All our stories are so different it's nice to read them

xx

i was 20 went i fell preg, had him at 21 :) i dunno if thats classified as young but i dont really feel it as i moved out of my parents when i was 17 and been supporting myself while at uni! connor isnt even 2months old but think im doing an alright job if i say so myself ;) and OH is totally in love with him. both me and OH hoping to get uni finished, ill have my degree exams in august :)

I think you are all amazing; I am 30 and pregnant with my first and I know that I would not have been ready to have this baby when I was a teenager/ early 20s. I think I'd have been ok from the age of about 24/25 but I couldn't imagine doing it without the security of my husband, house and career behind me. I think it sounds like you are all doing a wonderful job and sound stronger for some of the experiences you've been through.

I'm going to be a young mum in a couple of weeks, conceived at 17 and am now 18, and tbh I can't wait :)
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back