Welsh names

Ohh woow Mali is one of my favourite names =D

It's a doberman, scooby =] he's absolutely beautiful!

he looks it!! I thought they had pointy ears? Ive got a weimaraner :) Mali's nice cos my english friends will be able to pronounce it! My Oh is called geraint and he's so sick of teaching other people how to pronounce his name we didnt want to do that to our child!!

I have a good friend called Geraint, it's a very strong name =] Ye they have their ears cut so they are protected from being bitten by other dogs, the same with their tails I assume. It is optional obviously, and I think they look much more handsome without the cut, scoobys ears are so big and floppy =D

My Partner is Welsh and we might go for "Coel" which I think means trust...there arent many names that would be pronouned easily!

i like mai. (my) means may in welsh, maybe for a middle name. i love ffion, but my cousin stole it. :(

I really liked Bronwen/Bronwyn years ago for a girl.

wow I love gwenan, so unusual in a good way :D

P.S. we've decided on Mali for a girl and Morgan for boy (although its still negotiable) and we have to rethink our middle names cos Mali Lily isnt going to work!
Lovey!! my son is Morgan Lewis, and my daughter is Meghan Louise, my 3rd is called Logan tom I'm not sure if that's welsh?! I was born and lived in wales for 10 years:)

Mogan Lewis would be our son's full name :) I love it now that Ive read it written by some one else! There are some lovely names out there!

My eldest is a Rhys Jones , and my sister has a wellsh middle name you don't hear often
Merideth (pronouced apparently Mer- id -ith but anyone not welsh seemed to pronouce Merrydith I love it, but my sister hated it as she grew up!

Anyone heard of Geffin? (Not sure how thats spelt)

One of my neighbours has a little boy called Gethin...her girl is called Anwen, lovely names!

Hello

My names Welsh its : Rhiannon but i'm not a fan of it myself, although my mum nearly called me Myfanwy!!

if i have a litle girl i'm going to call her Lily Seren.

also another name i really like for a little girl is Llinos

some boys names i like are Daffydd and Ioan

xxx

i love bronwen for a girl and someone i know has children named Gethin, Ffion and Lowri i ove these names

We decided that if we have a daughter then she would have our grandmothers names as middle names so that makes the middle name Marion Myfawny coz my OH grandmother was welsh

Another Welshie here!

My Ds's name isn't Welsh but I'd love to use a Welsh name for future DC's.

I love-love-love Ianto but DH really does not :shakehead:

Plenty of time to keep adding to lists though :lol:

:yay: welshies are taking over the forum now! :) We've decided on Morgan. :)

Another welshie joining in!!!

Boys names: Tomos, Elis or Iago (welsh for James)
Giles names: Catrin or Arwen (like in the lord of the rings!)

But I live in England at the moment and probably will be here for some time so I would also want a name that could be pronounced fairly easy, and love the name Rhys but it would become Reece and I don't like Reece at all!!!

Hello

My names Welsh its : Rhiannon but i'm not a fan of it myself, although my mum nearly called me Myfanwy!!

if i have a litle girl i'm going to call her Lily Seren.

also another name i really like for a little girl is Llinos

some boys names i like are Daffydd and Ioan

xxx

My name's Rhiannon too, hated it when I was growing up as I was born in London but now I love having an unusual name :)

I really like Lily Seren.

I love welsh names, just a shame that they are so damn hard to spell (for non-Welshies!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back