Well i didnt burn my flat down PIC ADDED

Becky&Willow

Reaction score
one of my new year resulutions is to start baking more and trying to be a better cook well today i have attempted a victoria sponge (not that challenging i know) but when you cant cook a thing its daunting well i have cooked the sponges a bit off shape but not burnt im just waiting for them to cool and i will add the jam and butter icing i will take a pic to show you all.

I asked my mum and dad for a baking kit for xmas which i got and i fully plan to put it to good use its ther anniversary tomorrow so i am making it for them i hope they like it.

Just read that back and i sound like i shoud be 5 not 28 but its something i have never down. :oops:

Victoria sponges are one of my favourite things to bake.. so rewarding, and the taste.. *drools*
Well done for doing it, defo a tasty first step in the new year!
xx

im hoping it tastes better then it looks as when i was transfering to a bigger plate i squashed it and all the filling oozed out :wall:

Yay, well done Becky! That sounds yummy, can't wait for pic!

Well done for sticking to one of your resolutions - I've got 11 and have yet to get cracking on any!

Did Willow help?

Valentine Xxx

Well this is my cake before i squashed it :roll: :wall: the cake broke nearly in half hence why i turned it over causing myself to squish it i have dusted it now with icing sugar

No willow didnt help might wait a while before then when i have more of a clue as to what i am doing :D

Please excuse the crappy worktops. :oops:

beckyscamerapics438.jpg

Ok this is what it looks like now not quite so pretty im so annoyed as i was quite proud of myself but hey proof is in the tasting right?

beckyscamerapics440.jpg

looks gorgeou to me and im sure your mum and dad will appreciate the effort you put into it.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

1sttimemum said:
looks gorgeou to me and im sure your mum and dad will appreciate the effort you put into it.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks hun its so annoying though its something i should be able to do though since i was small not when im nearly 30 :wall:

better late then never, Good on you for giving it your all though!!

I think it looks YUMMY! I'm sure they will be very impressed and really appreciate the effort you went to.

Valentine Xxx

it looks yummy hun welll done :clap: :clap: :clap: i bet it tasted fab.

yeah they liked it as soon as i cut it it didnt look so bad and it tasted yummy so overall not bad for a first attempt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back